Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What no courtesy car!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2008, 08:58 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What no courtesy car!!!!!!!!!

My car got stolen via someone breaking into my house for the keys, they only came for the car. I am now stuck car less as my insurance company class this as a fault claim and will not supply me with a courtesy car. This means im stuck for getting to work, getting the baby around and just general running around. I paid for fully comp insurance and i would of expected this to be covered but ive been told im not because its a fault claim (as if i asked to be burgled and my car stolen) please people check your insurance so your not stuck car less like me. i will definatly be making sure its on my next policy.
Old 09 April 2008, 09:02 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

oh and after speaking to the claims department today im looking at at least 30 days before they think of making me an offer. I suppose this is the old classic of finding out how good your insurance is only when you make a claim i paid up in full as well
Old 10 April 2008, 07:53 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Barstewards!!

Sorry to hear that Ste, hope you get it sorted out soon
Old 10 April 2008, 07:40 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

dick turpins of the 21 century come to mind
Old 15 April 2008, 05:20 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Moneys,

Presumably with your location you were not covered via Greenlight.

Who was the underwriter behind the policy?

Greenlight deal with a range of Insurers, some of which have guaranteed hire cars in event of a theft claim - thus if your Insurer is one of those I can let you know if theyre known for providing this as part of our scheme package as it may then be worth double checking with them.

Sorry to hear about your car, unfortunately most of the latest performance cars (Subaru Impreza, Focus ST, Astra VXR, Monaro, Honda CTR/GT, Seat Leon Cupra, pretty much all prestige/supercars) have coded keys, which unfortunately means that thieves break into peoples houses, or obtain them through deception/aggravated theft.

Having a young baby at home myself I can certainly feel for you in that situation. Nobody was hurt and albeit a great car, it can be replaced with another once the Insurer concerned has made good.

I know that youre probably not covered via Greenlight, but if you feel that I could be of assistance in any way simply PM me.

Kind regards

Tony