Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2007, 07:58 PM
wraggy78
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABSOLUTELY GUTTED

evening all
Just had a conversation with my soon to be ex insurance company..

The story....
I drive a company car which I have social use of. I called a certain insurance company and told them I have driven a company car for 10 years and had no claims against me. I asked them if they could offer me full no claims they said yes providing proof.
To which I did.
Had a letter today saying that its not sufficient so I called them and it turns out that they can only offer me full no claims if I no longer drive the company vehicle...
Obviously I cant give the car back as its for business use so they have kindly told me my insurance will be cancelled as of 1st jan 08.....
So basically what im asking is can I get another policy anywhere that wont be through the roof as I have only had the car 2 months and am loving it as its been something I have wanted for years.....
pm me for my details if your a company that has any advice.
Thanks.....
Old 17 December 2007, 08:08 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

you cant use your company no claims on a private car unless you give the company car up.
Old 17 December 2007, 08:11 PM
wraggy78
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza-uk
you cant use your company no claims on a private car unless you give the company car up.
yeah I know that now its not what they told me the 7 times I called to clarify before I paid for the bleeping policy......
Old 18 December 2007, 10:41 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

You need to find someone that will mirror your no claims or give you a boost because of your record. What you've tried to do there is use one set of no claims on two cars, something you can't do with a private let alone a company car.

have to keep ringing around the brokers chap. My mum got a deal with the AA where they gave her the full no claims bonus but said if she did have a crash in the first year then the rest of the premium would be payable.

Doesn't help that the insurer didn't spot this in the first place though.

5t.
Old 18 December 2007, 06:01 PM
wraggy78
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
You need to find someone that will mirror your no claims or give you a boost because of your record. What you've tried to do there is use one set of no claims on two cars, something you can't do with a private let alone a company car.

have to keep ringing around the brokers chap. My mum got a deal with the AA where they gave her the full no claims bonus but said if she did have a crash in the first year then the rest of the premium would be payable.

Doesn't help that the insurer didn't spot this in the first place though.

5t.
Hi I didnt try to use 2 NCB as im not using it for the company car its a general policy so that if another employee needed to use any of the company cars they could so im not named specifically on the company policy.
they even wrote to them to comfirm my history.
Oh well I think I may have found a solution now
fingers crossed.
cheers guys
Old 18 December 2007, 10:15 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wraggy78
Hi I didnt try to use 2 NCB as im not using it for the company car its a general policy so that if another employee needed to use any of the company cars they could so im not named specifically on the company policy.
they even wrote to them to comfirm my history.
Oh well I think I may have found a solution now
fingers crossed.
cheers guys

hmmm that's interesting. in that case allt hey should have needed was the notice that you hadn't crashed i'd have thought. Glad you've found a way to keep the car chap
Old 18 December 2007, 10:39 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I don't get this. If you have a private car and build up NCB. Then you buy another private car, still keeping the first. You are saying that the second car you buy will have no NCB.

I thought the whole point of NCB was that it relates to the driver. If you are a driver that does not crash, why can you not have your NCB applied to both cars.
Old 18 December 2007, 10:45 PM
wraggy78
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
I don't get this. If you have a private car and build up NCB. Then you buy another private car, still keeping the first. You are saying that the second car you buy will have no NCB.

I thought the whole point of NCB was that it relates to the driver. If you are a driver that does not crash, why can you not have your NCB applied to both cars.
That is correct. if you buy a second car you will have to choose which car it works out cheaper to have 0 ncb on .
It is absolutely mad aint it..... to insurance *****