Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renewal Prices gone up?

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2006, 08:04 PM
Thunder77
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renewal Prices gone up?

Anybody else found that renewal prices have gone up this year? Got mine through and its 150 more than last year
Old 17 August 2006, 08:15 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Mine stayed the same until I got a better quote from a broker, then I went & told my current insurer who then beat the price.

So I saved £225, plus my excess came down from £500 to £250.
All my 23 modification included.

Shop around.

Ticky
Old 17 August 2006, 08:23 PM
p1prodrive
Scooby Regular

same happend with mine went up £150, made a couple of threats..lol

thay matched the next cheapest quote which was £150 less.
Old 17 August 2006, 08:40 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

£670 with no mods - Greenlight runs out in 2 months
£900 with mods - greenlights new quote for next year
£410 with mods - Aplan
Old 17 August 2006, 09:03 PM
Thunder77
Scooby Regular

hmm definitely calling a-plan tomorrow.
Old 17 August 2006, 09:13 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Yep I could not believe price difference, thought about buying a boring car when I got that 900 quid quote
Old 17 August 2006, 11:43 PM
noturbo
Scooby Regular

yup mine went up about 350 quid with norwich union!
Old 18 August 2006, 11:01 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by T5OLF
£670 with no mods - Greenlight runs out in 2 months
£900 with mods - greenlights new quote for next year

doesnt sound right to me..

Unless a non-recoverable incident has occurred, our renewals have a loyalty concession built in and will always reduce or at the very worst stay similar to last year.

With this in mind, would you please be so kind as to PM me your Name, Reg no. & postcode so that I can check the rate provided by your underwriter.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 29 August 2006, 06:01 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mines gone up >200 ....
Old 29 August 2006, 06:01 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

why can I insure a brand new STI with PPP for less than my 5 year old WRX???? oh yes and even a porsche 911... strange..
Old 29 August 2006, 06:03 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Tony I don't believe you... I have had no accidents in the last 5 years and also one of my convictions is now 4 years old........... still going up up up for the last 3 years... no one can bring it down.... as I said above can get higher insurance grouped cars for less...
Old 29 August 2006, 06:34 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi I'm the same, I could insure a new STI PPP for less than my MY99 worth £7k and nearly 100 bhp less!, doesn't make sense to me.

James
Old 29 August 2006, 09:36 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Fizz,

I am actively involved with policy pricing, along with scheme design, development, tracking (claims performance) for Greenlight.

Our stance with our main panel underwriters is that providing there has not been a non-recoverable claim within the last 12 months & there has not been a material change of risk (ie. policy starts on Classic model & switches to Sti mid term) then our policies will reduce to reflect the reduction in admin compared to new business, along with another year's driving experience & some allow a loyalty concession in addition.

The donkey work for all concerned (Policyholder/Broker/Insurer) comes in the first year you set the policy up - there are a number of items requested that need to be obtained, verified and processed, along with system/data exchange searches. This represents an admin burden for all, which is no where near as heavy at renewal - Thus our pricing strategy for Greenlight renewals being to reflect reduced admin with reduced premiums (minimum premiums permitting).

There are minimum premiums in place for certain driving factors within risk profiles (ie. minimum premium for driver age/area/vehicle model/vehicle value) and if you reach one of these minimums you will find the premium to be static.

Granted i'm purely talking from a Greenlight perspective and concessions vary dependent upon the respective Insurer/Underwriter within our panel, but if your circumstances have not dramatically changed upon last year & there has not been a non-recoverable incident your rate will at worst remain static and at best reduce by at least 6-15%.

With your own situation in mind, seems strange mate.. all I can think of is that your Insurer gave you a really low quote 4 years ago (ie. the period that LV initially entered the market & were quoting exceptionally low rates for Impreza's whilst gathering U/W information) and it is likely that the Underwriter concerned realises that they have bought your business in, are pricing too low & have tried to recoup premium since .

I'd be happy to help you if I can Fizz, if youve had a prior quote from Greenlight PM me your actual name & postcode as I should be able to trace it again & can revamp to see where we're at currently. Or, pop your details onto www.greenlightinsurance.com then PM me your actual name/postcode so I can oversee.

At least this would give you a comparison vs your current Insurer & let you see whether they are offering decent value (despite their increasing premiums over the years to recoup premium).

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by Fizz
Tony I don't believe you... I have had no accidents in the last 5 years and also one of my convictions is now 4 years old........... still going up up up for the last 3 years... no one can bring it down.... as I said above can get higher insurance grouped cars for less...
Old 29 August 2006, 09:44 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scoobyfella
Hi I'm the same, I could insure a new STI PPP for less than my MY99 worth £7k and nearly 100 bhp less!, doesn't make sense to me.
James,

This makes very little sense to me too.

MY99 = Lower value, Lower Group, Lower BHP

All this should = Lower premium than STI PPP

The scenario you describe is bizarre & if from the same Underwriter impossible to justify

The MY99 certainly would be less with us - perhaps I'd better start marketing "common sense Underwriting" from Greenlight Insurance .
Old 29 August 2006, 09:51 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fizz
why can I insure a brand new STI with PPP for less than my 5 year old WRX???? oh yes and even a porsche 911... strange..

Fizz,

I'm with you on this one, it makes no sense.

You should pay less for the 5 year old WRX to reflect the Insurers lower exposure in terms of value/performance/grouping

The only thing that may be influencing the rate upward is if the WRX happened to be an Import. With International Motors (Subaru UK) not supporting or supplying parts for imports this does increase costs to Insurers in terms of sourcing parts/repair/hire cars etc.

Other than that i'm stumped mate .

Kind regards

Tony
Old 30 August 2006, 08:19 AM
jowl
Scooby Regular

My has gone up very slightly - but I've noticed that my no claims bonus has been reduced. I'm currently (or thought I was) disputing a claim - but the underwriter/actual insurance company (who has been f***ing terrible) seems to have have just decieded with no contact with me.

Somebody is heading for a bollcoking.
Old 30 August 2006, 08:37 AM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

tony,

Sent a quote through from the web site... came back with a good rate.. Just need to phone to confirm all the details I sent through are correct and present. Have you got a direct number I can call on?

Fizz
Old 30 August 2006, 07:30 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Tony,

It is a price online that I have had that insures a new STI with PPP for less than my MY99 classic. The quote is £40 less for the Sti?

Regards

James