Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

third party extension.

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2006, 03:16 PM
No_9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default third party extension.

Hi

Got a question for some of the insurers on this part of the forum.

I have obviously changed my policy to the subaru from my Rover now, however I still have the Rover, it needs a few things tidying up at the garage before selling though.

Now, I understand that because I am the registered owner of the Rover, I cannot drive it on the 3rd party extension I have on the subaru's policy. My question is, can my gf drive it on her 3rd party extension in order to take it to the garage?

I'm unclear if her 3rd party extension applies to it or not becuase there is no policy on the Rover, I was always under the impression that to drive on the 3rd party extension you needed the owners permission AND that the owner had to have an insurance policy for the car, however I have been told that this is not the case, as long as it is MOT'd and taxed then she can drive it on her 3rd party extension.

If anyone can clear this up for me that would be great, to see if I need to call Gary and get an additional vehicle cover note for a few weeks.

Thanks

Ross
Old 11 May 2006, 10:02 PM
jayscoobra
Scooby Regular

someone must have a policy on the rover for her third party cover to be legal im afraid, best just to get it added to your policie for a few weeks till its gone
Old 12 May 2006, 09:47 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

The usual debate will now ensue. Some people making sense will say she can as long as it isnt parked on the road without insurance. Others will say not - even though according to your insurance certificate AND the t&c this is the case.