Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on insurance in C.Durham

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2006, 03:26 PM
LSCC27879
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Advice on insurance in C.Durham

Hello everyone I'm a bit annoyed as the car I was intending on buying has proved to be near impossible to insure as I don't have a garage at my new house.
I was going to buy a WRX STI Type UK PPP 04 and was so excited...but apparantly my area is too high risk and car theft is rife around darlington so I cannot get insured without a garage.
I have 5yrs NCB and am a careful 26yr old F driver with a passion for subarus.
I am pretty gutted and unfortunately there is no way(or space unless I knock down neighbours house) I can build a garage believe me I have thought about it.....
Any advice on insurance companys who will insure me please and maybe someone can enlighten me....is it really that impossible to own a nice car these days without having it stolen?

Last edited by LSCC27879; 17 January 2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 17 January 2006, 04:52 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LSCC27879
Hello everyone I'm a bit annoyed as the car I was intending on buying has proved to be near impossible to insure as I don't have a garage at my new house.
I was going to buy a WRX STI Type UK PPP 04 and was so excited...but apparantly my area is too high risk and car theft is rife around darlington so I cannot get insured without a garage.
I have 5yrs NCB and am a careful 26yr old F driver with a passion for subarus.
I am pretty gutted and unfortunately there is no way(or space unless I knock down neighbours house) I can build a garage believe me I have thought about it.....
Any advice on insurance companys who will insure me please and maybe someone can enlighten me....is it really that impossible to own a nice car these days without having it stolen?

Hi Buddy,

Dont give up on the Sti dream just yet.

We should be able to help and do not require garaging in most of county durham, especially bearing in mind the WRX STi Type UK comes with an RAC trackstar as standard.

As long as you've owned and driven a prior vehicle of a perfomance nature within your area for at least 12 months prior to the prospective STi.

If you get 5 mins pop your details onto www.greenlightinsurance.com and we'll organise a quotation for you.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 17 January 2006, 04:58 PM
LSCC27879
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your reply, I am just moving up there from N.Yorkshire, completing on new house on the 27th.
So does that go against me? As for driving performance cars I'm not sure is a Zafira Gsi and a few RS Turbo's counts.....please don't abuse me anyone!
Old 17 January 2006, 06:22 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Smile

Thanks for your reply, I am just moving up there from N.Yorkshire, completing on new house on the 27th.
So does that go against me? As for driving performance cars I'm not sure is a Zafira Gsi and a few RS Turbo's counts.....please don't abuse me anyone!
Considered yr self abused

welcome by the way
Old 18 January 2006, 10:59 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

The vehicles that you have driven would allow us to offer a quotation, so simply pop your details onto www.greenlightinsurance.com with the new postcode and we will get back to you.

Kind regards & best wishes for your forthcoming house move.

Tony
Old 18 January 2006, 04:41 PM
LSCC27879
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Thanks for all your help, I had a quote today from greenlight for £859 which seems good, Thanks again!