Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well done Norwich Union!

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2006, 06:37 PM
Matt.Wild
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well done Norwich Union!

I'm 25 with 6 years NCB, 7 years driving, with 3 points and none fault claim against another party (they shunted me) and for TPFT i've been quoted an amazing £270.99 or £309 with the NCB protected

Called them and they've confirmed the quote is correct and they will indeed cover at that price - Touch over £700 fully comp

BTW thats for a stock MY97/98 UK turbo impreza.
Old 06 January 2006, 09:32 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

just make sure you don't need to claim from them

took 10 months for me to get a payout on mine !
Old 06 January 2006, 09:56 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by VAL113R
took 10 months for me to get a payout on mine !
but the little Indian fella gave you a decent settlement in the end, even if you did have to fight for it...more than can be said for Admiral
Old 06 January 2006, 10:55 PM
Matt.Wild
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Scooby Dooby Blue
but the little Indian fella gave you a decent settlement in the end, even if you did have to fight for it...more than can be said for Admiral
I've had experiences with Admiral - cancelled a policy and they owed me money. They claimed for months that I owed them nothing and they even sent it to a DCA. Only after several letters and one with all the maths on that they said oops and admitted they had messed up
Old 10 January 2006, 07:33 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt.Wild
I'm 25 with 6 years NCB, 7 years driving, with 3 points and none fault claim against another party (they shunted me) and for TPFT i've been quoted an amazing £270.99 or £309 with the NCB protected

Called them and they've confirmed the quote is correct and they will indeed cover at that price - Touch over £700 fully comp

BTW thats for a stock MY97/98 UK turbo impreza.
That may be a good price but how highs you excess though, i take claims for NU and highr performance cars and especially scoob drivers allways have a high excess then complain when they make a non fault claim that they have to pay a high excess, i would not take out insurance with them. But the claims advisors are very helpful and profesional. Oh and you can't have 6 yrs NCD the maximum you can have is five. As for the indian fellas, try dealing with them as a claims advisor, one chap rang quereng a claim that stated the driver drove through a ford and damaged his vehicle. They though it was a ford car not a water crossing.

Last edited by MY93WRX; 10 January 2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11 January 2006, 04:09 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Why cant he have 6yrs NCD? I have letters from previous companys saying ive got 6,7 and 8 yrs NCD. Just wondered.
Old 11 January 2006, 06:12 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

ive got 9 years NCD

Trending Topics

Old 11 January 2006, 07:11 PM
Matt.Wild
Scooby Newbie

Erm, the guy got the excess down to about £100 (or was it £150?). It was £309 protected. As for the NCB most companies are happy saying 5 or more but SOME do ask above that rate
Old 11 January 2006, 07:38 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StudentScooby
Why cant he have 6yrs NCD? I have letters from previous companys saying ive got 6,7 and 8 yrs NCD. Just wondered.
Basically (i can only speak basd on Nirwich Unions Handbook) even if your insurance company gives you a letter saying you have for example 9 yrs no claims the maximum discount you get is 5 yrs ncd ie 60% (occasionally 70). If you have a fault claim even with 9 yrs NCD you will go back to 3 yrs no claims discout ie 40 % (20% for the first yr NCd and 10% for the subsequent 2 years NCD). As a claims advisor this is one of the biggest problems we have when explainin the ramifications of a fault claim. people think if the have a 20 yrs no claims on there policy and they loose 2 yrs claims for a fault accident there still going to get 18 yrs NCD but they will only get the 40% NCD ie 3 years. Simple really. As for Protected no claims its the discount your protecting not the premium - very clever people these underwriters. as for matt.wild's exces, thats less than i expected.
Old 11 January 2006, 08:00 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Norwich Union are very cheap they quoted me just over £400 on a WRX and no other company could get under £1000.
Old 11 January 2006, 08:34 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Default No decent discounts for there employees

I take motor claims for them and The B*st**ds wanted around £1400 from me fully comp with a silly excess.

Last edited by MY93WRX; 11 January 2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12 January 2006, 01:52 AM
Heple
Scooby Regular

The reason it is cheap is because it is a UK Impreza with a standard Thatcham CAT 1 Alarm.

They won't get anywhere near that price with an sti or an import WRX.

Craig
Old 16 January 2006, 03:50 PM
Matt.Wild
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Heple
The reason it is cheap is because it is a UK Impreza with a standard Thatcham CAT 1 Alarm.

They won't get anywhere near that price with an sti or an import WRX.

Craig
Thats true. But when its £271 as opposed to £900 + everywhere else then its still good
Old 16 January 2006, 04:41 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

why are you insuring TPFT?
Old 17 January 2006, 08:14 PM
dougwrx
Scooby Regular

When I first read this thread I thought that it was bollocks that you had got it for that price so I thought I would check for myself. Well how wrong I was I phoned norwich union, I am 30 my wife 25 full NCB, protected ,no points and I got it for £650 fully comp on 94wrx import,so I would like to say cheers pal for posting as you have saved me £550 .

Dougie
Old 21 January 2006, 04:08 PM
Matt.Wild
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko
why are you insuring TPFT?
Because i'd rather have my no claims and lose out on a few grand and be able to get another sporty car shortly after than have comp and pay 3x the price. I'd never put a claim in for a car worth £3-4k unless I smacked into some one...
Old 21 January 2006, 04:10 PM
Matt.Wild
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by dougwrx
When I first read this thread I thought that it was bollocks that you had got it for that price so I thought I would check for myself. Well how wrong I was I phoned norwich union, I am 30 my wife 25 full NCB, protected ,no points and I got it for £650 fully comp on 94wrx import,so I would like to say cheers pal for posting as you have saved me £550 .

Dougie
NP
Old 21 January 2006, 06:29 PM
Col Stone
Scooby Regular

I swapped to Norwich union for my STI 5 Type R v-ltd from TESCO'S as they were £300 cheaper and a much lower excess. It cost me just over £700 fully comp protected thats with full ncd and 3 points and they didn't need the tracker either which everyone else did.
Cheer col
Old 30 January 2006, 05:32 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Dooby Blue
My Mum had serious problems making a claim with NU, not least the fact she doesn't speak Indian and the call centre operatives don't speak English very well......It took her 12 weeks to receive the cash and she will not insure with NU again. Nor will any of the family.

It's all very well insuring cars with companies that outsource their call centres to reduce costs, but in most cases you will receive an inferior service too, keep this in mind when saving a few pounds.
Old 31 January 2006, 05:27 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

BLOOMIN HELL....

NU Just quoted me 667.42! Considering my renewal with LV whom I have been with for 3 years was 920.94 I was most definately quoted happy indeed!
Old 31 January 2006, 06:03 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ140
My Mum had serious problems making a claim with NU, not least the fact she doesn't speak Indian and the call centre operatives don't speak English very well......It took her 12 weeks to receive the cash and she will not insure with NU again. Nor will any of the family.

It's all very well insuring cars with companies that outsource their call centres to reduce costs, but in most cases you will receive an inferior service too, keep this in mind when saving a few pounds.
Actually you are 1000% wrong to infinity, the call centre for New Claims is definately in South Manchester England. Once the claim has been made it then either goes to india or a UK Office depending on certain criteria
Old 01 February 2006, 07:08 PM
deano555
Scooby Regular

Just tried em for a my06 wrx uk car wanted £860, Guess I will stick with tesco who quoted me happy at £535. It makes me chuckle how quotes can be so different between companies.
I'll give a-plan and gary moulson a call tomorrow. Minght save me having to shell out for a tracker.

Deano.
Old 01 February 2006, 07:17 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MY93WRX
Actually you are 1000% wrong to infinity
Old 02 February 2006, 07:42 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got quoted £732 from Norwich Union for my 2003 STi PPP. 34 years old with 16 years NCB and Zero points. Direct line who i've been with for 4 years wanted £969! More expensive than any other quote i came up with! Seems to me like Direct line are tryin to get rid of what they deem to be a "high risk" car. When i phoned them up to tell them i was'nt gonna be renewing the cover they did'nt even ask why or what the best quote i'd come up with from another inusurer. Could'nt of cared less IMO
Old 09 February 2006, 09:28 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Angry

Anyone planning to insure with NU it is a very good price they offer. They will also cover mods on a quite reasonable basis. I halved my previous Admiral quote when I went with them - yes, I do have a high excess (£700) for own fault, but the excess brings the premium down well.

BUT, make DAMN sure the policy is correct when you get it thru! (didn't you just know there would be a but )

I did an internet quote, but nowhere to declare mods so rang them up, confirmed price on quote, then asked for cover on the mods, no problem (back box and springs). Well pleased accepted and paid by CC. THought no more.

Couple of months later some dumb bint scratches down my doors in Sainsbury's. As required by the policy (and probably all insureres the same) informed NU about it but advised I would not be making a claim at that tie. Eventually all sorted, other insurer admitted liability, claim all handled through www.kindertons.co.uk (who I thoroughly recommend for no-fault claims). Let NU know I definitely wouldn't proceed (they were chasing me every couple of days), fine thanks, we'll close the case.

Same DAY (in fact hours later) get an indian gentleman on the phone..."about these modifications you haven't declared...you owe us money" told them exactly what had happened and when, days and times etc. OK, we'll speak to the call centre and pull the tape (after I said it wasn't down to me to prove them wrong!). Heard no more then a few weeks later letter turns up saying I owed money for non-declared mods.

Rang them, similar conversation but not with an indian call centre. Similar outcome "we'll pull the tape". No more for another few weeks then a final demand letter! Rang again...obviously no record of the previous conversations on the notes, very embarrased lady on the phone. "We'll pull...." "really this time?" I ask. To be fair, this final lady was well on the ball and rang me back a day or two later to give me an update then finallly to say all sorted after listening the tape. Also apologised for the system sending another nasty final demand which had gone that day and couldn't be stopped.

All finally followed with a letter (I wouldn't call it an apology) confirming all sorted, and, very nicely of them that "on this occasion" they were writing off the sum owed! Yep, the sum I never owed as I had paid the extra when I took out the policy!

TBH if they are similar price next year, I will renew, but I am now prepared for what they are like! Just wanted to make people aware that they must be making their savings somewhere and frankly that has to be with Indian call centres who are prone to not entering the details properly.
Old 09 February 2006, 11:37 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Default norwich union

Havin never owned a car for 8 years i thought my insurance would b through the roof for my98 classic 2000 turbo . I was not looking forward to the insurance quotes, most were really high above a grand.Then somebody at work told me that if use a company car/van u can use ur no claims from that,i tried that and some came back saying we wont accept that or ur not over 32.... 32 in 3 months.... so anyway phoned n.u direct and they did me a quote with my company no claims as long as i could prove it and i did there quote was £740.58 fully comp £500 excess and 14 months n.u breakdown free and the guy on the other end of the phone(indian)gave me his personal discount which saved me £15.. probably a sales pitch the service was outstanding from them .....not claimed yet and hope not to but they did QUOTE ME HAPPY