Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A plan

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2005, 08:54 AM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A plan

They might offer the best quotes but has anyone had to make a claim through them. My mate has , it's been 3 months now and still not got car back. Hes not saying that theres owt wrong with a-plan but its the underwriters they use theyre f****** useless. He was refused to take car to where he wanted for repair and now its stuck with thier approved repaires who hav nt got a clue about these cars.
The garage in question has been lying to him for weeks saying theyre waiting for a part but the truth came out earlier this week that they havnt even ordered it yet. The underwriters are Marketstudy . Oh yeah hes not even been given a replacement car all this time.

Why should anyone pay £1300 fully comp for this service. He saying theres no way that garage should get the £500 excess.

views please

Thanks
Old 27 September 2005, 11:26 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

I will never take my car to the insurance companies approved repaireds again!! Direct line had my scoob for 13 weeks before i decided i had had enough and had it back with the rear seat and centre console missing/damaged, and repaired it myself!! I have just gone woth A-plan, and if i have to make a claim it will be going to scooby clinic or somewhere similiar!!
Old 29 September 2005, 09:30 PM
gazman
Scooby Regular

I'm with a-plan/Marker study

Someone hit my rear the other day

very light with just a bent exhaust tip and a small crack in the bumper.

within 24 hours the car has been assesed, booked in for repair for next week,Golf Gti courtesy car organised, solicitor appointed, claims advisor appointed,injury advisor appointed.

Kin brilliant, best slick service ever
Old 29 September 2005, 09:37 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazman
I'm with a-plan/Marker study

Someone hit my rear the other day

very light with just a bent exhaust tip and a small crack in the bumper.

within 24 hours the car has been assesed, booked in for repair for next week,Golf Gti courtesy car organised, solicitor appointed, claims advisor appointed,injury advisor appointed.

Kin brilliant, best slick service ever
Now thats good news as i've just got my documents through and the underwritters are Marker
Old 29 September 2005, 09:42 PM
gazman
Scooby Regular

It IS good news as I only swapped to them 2 weeks ago and declared my mods as well.

Even if it is only a Firestorm and 17" alloys

Previous Insurers Morethan did not want to entertain ANY mods
Old 02 October 2005, 10:19 AM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Default still waiting

Im still waiting for car to come back.I wrote a letter to market study last week complaining about the sorry episode. asked them to explain the garage telling me theyve ordered a part when via a internal inquiry they were found to be lying. They didnt give me a satisfactory explaination of why i have not received a replacement car.

Wot a load of s***

How can any insurance company expect you to pay that much money and not offer any of the services they say you are entitled to being fully comp

Cheers
Old 02 October 2005, 11:04 AM
gazman
Scooby Regular

who's lying?

Garage or Marker Study

As far as a replacement car goes I assume you mean a hire car under the Insurance aggreement.

If you pay the £20.00 extra they offer for for full legal assistance etc you automatically get a hire car and a solicitor.

well worth it
Old 03 October 2005, 12:06 AM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Default reply

the garage, but theyre recommened by marketstudy. and wots with the extra £20 everyone with fully comp insurance everyone should get a car while theres is being repaired. Marketstudy's response to my question about a replacement car is that theres no point in getting a car at this late stage . No mention of the last 3months ive been without car
Old 03 October 2005, 01:39 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If it states in your insurance contract with A-plan that a loan car will be provided during a claim and one hasn't been, then you should write a polite letter to their complaints department. It should at least be worth some sort of refund on the excess that you will have been charged.
Old 03 October 2005, 06:22 PM
gazman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ver.4
the garage, but theyre recommened by marketstudy. and wots with the extra £20 everyone with fully comp insurance everyone should get a car while theres is being repaired. Marketstudy's response to my question about a replacement car is that theres no point in getting a car at this late stage . No mention of the last 3months ive been without car
3 months !!!

why on earth have you let it drag on for 3 months, they're walking all over you

your fully comp man, should have sorted it out at the onset

When you take out Insurance they always ask you if you would like the option to take the DLP (drivers legal protection)

pretty sure this is the bit that includes a hire car (may stand corrected on that one though)
Old 04 October 2005, 10:15 AM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

See my thread: http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=458766

If you'd paid the extra, then HelpHire sort it all out. My approved repairer called me to say the rear panel would be 6 weeks. So I did a little research and then called them back, with a number. They got the rear panel the next day and the car was done in a week!
Old 04 October 2005, 11:10 PM
gazman
Scooby Regular

Helphire

Thats the company

Brilliant, no hassle

Cars going in tomorrow and barring any unseen bits that need doing should be fixed within 3 days

Drop the car off and there should be a Golf GTi waiting for me to use

Not bad for £20.00 extra (£1.66 a month on my Insurance)
Old 04 October 2005, 11:12 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

I take it Helphire do all A plans claims handling. At £20 i'm glad i've had it, even though they didn't ask me if i wanted it or not over the phone when i paid.
Old 04 October 2005, 11:15 PM
gazman
Scooby Regular

looking at the leaflets that come it looks like they seem to handle a lot of this stuff, not just for A-plan

http://www.helphire.co.uk/