Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nationwide deal - double the money back if you find a cheaper quote!

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2005, 04:46 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nationwide deal - double the money back if you find a cheaper quote!

Not had time to research this fully but they are doing car insurance in partnership with Churchill. If you find a cheaper quote you can get a cheque for double the difference back. My guess is that they will be "a lot" more expensive than A-plan, L&V etc so hopefully you can clain back "2 X a lot" !! Details here if anyone wants to try.

Last edited by Boost II; 02 September 2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04 September 2005, 09:33 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boost II
Not had time to research this fully but they are doing car insurance in partnership with Churchill. If you find a cheaper quote you can get a cheque for double the difference back. My guess is that they will be "a lot" more expensive than A-plan, L&V etc so hopefully you can clain back "2 X a lot" !! Details here if anyone wants to try.
Well mine is coming out at over £1500!!! I can get it for £697 with aplan!!!!! So do i test their promise out, and get free insurabce for the year??!!!!

I really can't see how they can do thius, they are not even competitive!!!!!
Old 05 September 2005, 01:24 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

No definately not. Just stuck my details in and got £895. A-Plan quoted £469.00 and Privlege who I'm with now is around £500 mark.

Andy.
Old 05 September 2005, 04:04 PM
Mikkk
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they'll have the usual caveats and get out clauses in place to reduce the elligble population to 3 penguins near the arctic circle and an orangutan called Bernard
Old 05 September 2005, 04:06 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

if something seems to good to be true then it normally is. you have to actually take out a policy with them and cancel it later. they may charge for the short period you are insured which will probably be the same as the refund. you therefore get a cheque for 10p
Old 05 September 2005, 06:08 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Have to get a form from a branch or ring the number listed after you have taken out the policy.

Think I'll be staying with Privilege for another year. A-Plan quote was less but after you add in 2% for card payment and the bit about non standard audio equipment then is it worth changing just to save about a tenner?

Andy.
Old 05 September 2005, 07:34 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Here are the T&C's.
Price Promise Terms & Conditions

A Price Promise claim form is available from your local branch or by calling 08457 30 20 10. Full terms and conditions are listed below:
  • This offer applies to Nationwide car insurance purchased by 31 October 2005 and any claim subsequently made up to and including 28 November 2005.
  • The level of cover, policyholder and all other details for the quote must be the same as your Nationwide car insurance policy.
  • A valid claim must include an original quote dated after the commencement date of your Nationwide car insurance policy, but within 28 days, together with a copy of your Nationwide car insurance schedule.
  • A refund will be paid out on double the difference in the total cost of your car insurance premium charged.
  • Claims will be paid out subject to a minimum amount of £1 difference in annual premiums.
  • Only one claim per customer.
  • Nationwide reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
  • This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
  • Subject to satisfying the required criteria, you will receive your cheque for double the difference in annual premiums within 28 days of sending us a valid claim form.
  • Send your completed claim form to the following address: Nationwide's Car Insurance Price Promise, FREEPOST, Horizon West, Canal View Road, Newbury, RG14 5ZP.

I would give it ago had I not just renewed a few weeks ago and got a deal I was very happy with at L&V. Remember you can cancel any insurance policy within 2 weeks and get a full refund - this is a legal right. (unless you make a claim in those 2 weeks!)
Old 05 September 2005, 10:24 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

2 weeks?? I may try this, but not sure i have the ***** to splash out £1500 though when i could get it for £700!!
Old 05 September 2005, 10:27 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boost II
  • Subject to satisfying the required criteria, you will receive your cheque for double the difference in annual premiums within 28 days of sending us a valid claim form.
Ok so you don't get cash back you get credit, so basically you would have enough to pay next years premium, therefore i wouldn't save a penny over 2 years!!! I see how they are doing this now!!!
Old 06 September 2005, 01:00 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

B@stards its a scam! I didn't read the rest of the line beyond "you will receive your cheque for double the difference..."
Annual premiums vouchers is not a cheque in my book and its obvious they will diddle you in the second year to recover their money
Old 06 September 2005, 02:02 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Austen, who do you use for insurance..?
Old 06 September 2005, 02:04 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Will be using A-Plan this time around, almost half the price of the directline group of companies!!!!
Old 06 September 2005, 02:08 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

I've just seen your post regarding A-plan, seconds after I asked the question..!

Which number did you ring out of interest..?

Old 06 September 2005, 02:10 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

i think it was the one at the top of the a-plan main thread. But i did speak to the chap called Rob, what a refreshing change to talk to someone who knows something about cars!!
Old 06 September 2005, 04:43 PM
larsdowg
Scooby Regular

Default Stu's gay!!!

easy there ................ austen_wrx

thought wud search for your posts on the site.....

I got insured with A-Plan beat everyone else by a mile