Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foreign NCB - any takers?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2005, 09:26 AM
Johnny C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreign NCB - any takers?

Coming back to the UK after 5 years in the US, so technically I'm gonna have 0 NCB, and some of the quotes I'm getting are scary, even if I can get them at all, despite being 34 and living in a relatively safe area. I'm also falling foul of some insurers insistence on being UK resident for several years.

However, I can get my US insurer (the largest in the country) to provide a written statement of claims history.

Has anyone had any luck getting a UK insurer to accept this statement or have heard about companies that will?

Thanks.

Last edited by Johnny C; 11 August 2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11 August 2005, 11:54 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work at an insurance brokers and we could do that for you, we use norwich union for foreign NCD, best part is after 12 months your NCD will be UK and be 5+ years

Originally Posted by Johnny C
Coming back to the UK after 5 years in the US, so technically I'm gonna have 0 NCB, and some of the quotes I'm getting are scary, even if I can get them at all, despite being 34 and living in a relatively safe area. I'm also falling foul of some insurers insistence on being UK resident for several years.

However, I can get my US insurer (the largest in the country) to provide a written statement of claims history.

Has anyone had any luck getting a UK insurer to accept this statement or have heard about companies that will?

Thanks.