Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Survey ?!

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2001, 01:47 PM
InsBro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

When setting up Insurance schemes Insurers are adamant that price is not the b all and end all.
What do people really want?

1. Would you pay 10% more for guaranteed fair claims settlement? (It was stated by a big name insurer that a certain direct company paid an average of 20% less for total loss claims, than the broker market!)

2. Do you really worry about the excess? (If the accidents not your fault you get it back anyway).

3. Security its become almost the norm that scoobs need a satellite tracking device, is that OK?

4. What other benefits would you like included? (cost and no cost options)

Why do I want to know? - Rum & I are setting up a new performance car scheme to replace the Independent mess.

All comments would be appreciated.

Jeremy

Old 30 June 2001, 10:59 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Right well the one thing that gets me is that I can insure a Supra twin turbo for around 1/3rd less than my WRX. Seriously though any broker that doesn't laugh when you tell them you are in you 20's and drive a Japenese import. As for cost, my record quote was £20k on a car worth half that...

I think most people can stomach £1k pa, but much more and it is really hard to justify epecially when and normal car ends up costing £300.

Easy inclusion of mods and option of track day coverage would be great.

I don't mind paying for tracking device if there is a corresponding premium reduction.

Can't comment on settlements as I have yet to claim on any car insurance.

As to excesses, most people on high risk policies can live with £500 or so, I guess much more would be hard to stomach, particularly if the car was stolen.

Jon