Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my insurance experience

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2001, 10:46 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi there
i have had a little story to tell about my insurance renewal this year, which i hope could benefit other people.

i have unfortunately acquired 6 points (sp30) this year plus a shed load of mods, this meant that my insurance with BELL direct went up by a whopping £900 to £1800.

first i phoned Jeremy pace with all the details and the best quote we got was £1200. after phoning tesco insurance who quoted me £850 all i could say was, great.......

so i went a head with tesco insurance, few days later i got the insurance papers.

first the car was quoted as an AWD GX or something of that sort ( non turbo what ever it was ), then the intercooler was described as bonnet Vent although i have mentioned intercooler to them at least ten times, i mean what do you think i had a corsa ?

anyway after changing the details to the correct ones i got a quote of £1400 or something and they insisted on a tracker. needless to say i cancelled (F.O.C) and went back to Jeremy pace for a rescue.

the moral of the story is it helps when you the person on the other side of the phone actually knows anything about scoobs it avoids a lot of problems

so watch out.

insurance details
28 years
7 years NCB
6 points
mods:
full exhaust
turbo vf23
link ecu
front mounted intercooler
air filter
brakes
17inch alloys

i hope i did not bore any body
Old 01 October 2001, 11:38 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Red face

Sam,

you have me worried now!

I too had a quote from Tesco (which they sent to me in hard-copy) for an MY01 with PPP and morrettes - GBP850 (or more exactly GBP846-30) with <B>NO</B> tracker requirement (but GBP350 excess)!!

Also, LeonWells in
Old 02 October 2001, 12:06 AM
ChrisB

Boomer,

I had a quote on my Scooby from Tesco's.

IIRC, they insisted on a Tracker type device whereas Privlige (sp?) didn't

Cheers,

ChrisB.
Old 02 October 2001, 10:23 AM
StevieB
Scooby Regular

Boomer,

I got a quote from Tesco’s last night as I had heard they were good on prices. Tracker was A MUST.

Check it out with a phone call to clarify. The last thing you want is not knowing if the car is properly insured fot theft.

Steve
Old 02 October 2001, 12:45 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

hi there
you miss understood me they did not ask for things after i got the insurance, but they gave me a quote for the wrong car. so all i am saying check your insurance details very carefully. i must admit the quote i got was really low for the mods and points i had so i was really careful with the details

Old 02 October 2001, 10:52 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

All,

i specifically asked about a tracking device on the phone, and the guy said that there was no need, as he thought that MY01's have improved security (although imports WOULD need a tracker).

I obtained a hard-copy of the quote, but it didn't mention the PPP or the lights (or a tracker), and said that it was based on 0% no-claims (i am looking forward to GBP300 per year in the future ).

I was very impressed by their (Tescos) efficiency and knowledge on the phone - i hope that this continues!

mb
Old 04 October 2001, 08:18 PM
mbc
Scooby Regular

i also find tesco quite a pain.....they seem to like spelling things wrong and mistyping on the policy
Old 19 October 2001, 12:51 PM
InsBro
Scooby Regular

Thanks Sam

InsBro
(Jeremy Pace)
Old 19 October 2001, 04:40 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Sam,

This topic is quite apt....in the Grey Import forum there have been a few similar quote **** ups...I am once again glad to see that a broker off the bbs has come to the rescue (so to speak) of a fellow Scoob owner.

As I have said on numerous occasions...not all brokers are out to rip you off ...some of us are actually trying to get the best rates...

Its nice to see positive comments going up on the bbs about a supplier...

Tom