Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this MikeSmith on somehing or what?

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2001, 11:55 AM
MikeSmith012345
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

i tried the other guys. Flux where second cheapest so you rates are a good place to work from. I found the order of your quotes are simular to mine so i don't understand why greenlight so different on yours?

Not a sales pitch though mate
Old 03 May 2001, 12:41 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

I thought this BBS had a policy of not allowing these types of threads?

I phoned loads of companies at the beginning of the year and Greenlight were way off the mark - £300+ off the mark. See for yourself
Old 03 May 2001, 02:12 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

sorry m8, but I'm not convinced. Your comments on the other threads shout sales pitch big time. No one talks like that on the threads.

I mean "If like me you have a scooby worthy of good insurance contact these guys. They are on 01277 263030. They seem to know what they were talking about. As my scooby is modified i try to confuse companies with the mods to see how good they are and if they know their stuff. These guys passed"

If that's not a blatant advertising slogan then I'm a dutchman
Old 03 May 2001, 02:46 PM
MikeSmith012345
Scooby Newbie

Talking

eine heinem le michtken dutchen.

I happen to have met the guys at castle coombe and they did do me a good deal so i plugged em as a favour. My own choice though mate but sceptism is welcome as we all want good info as opposed to adverts.

Old 06 May 2001, 09:59 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Cool

To be fair, though, Mike - you did post your recommendation under my thread, right after my post:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by me, elsewhere:
<B>I've ended up renewing with Greenlight ... including like-for-like cover on mods (eg. wheels) and a very positive attitude ... They also do track day cover ...., which seems very reasonable to me.[/quote]

Surely one could be forgiven if the word 'muppet' springs to mind?

Andy.

[This message has been edited by AndyC_772 (edited 06 May 2001).]
Old 09 May 2001, 05:07 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

If it helps, I'm another one who uses Greenlight, and have just had another good quote!

I have modified my Subaru quite a lot, and I've been quoted £1251 for the next 12 months. OK it's a lot of money, but all my modifications are covered like-for-like, and did have an accident earlier this year!

last year it cost me £825 with Greenlight. If I kept my car to the same specification as last year, it would have been £1042.

The addition of the PPP, AP Racing 6-pots, HKS EVC4 and the Prodrive suspension has raised the premium to £1251.

Track day cover is between £30-60 depending on which track.

Personally I think the quote is quite good, as I've had other quotes between £1500 to £4500!!!!

Obviously I will try some other companies, but no one came near last year, and it's looking the same this year!

Hope this helps
Andy
Old 10 May 2001, 09:51 AM
MikeSmith012345
Scooby Newbie

thank u. U r right it isn't cheap but for modified Scooby's it seems to be the most competitive.

Mike
Old 10 May 2001, 01:39 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Exclamation

Guys,
I cannot seriously see what is wrong with the statements that have been made about GreenLight. What one company may give as a good quote for one person, may not always be good for another person. If quotes are good, i'm sure everybody would rather know about these companies then not. I am also sure that if GreenLight had given Ozzy an excellent quote this thread would never have started!!!

Please don't shoot the messenger....if somebody has a experience good/bad we all want to hear about it.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 10 May 2001, 01:56 PM
MikeSmith012345
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Thank you, I admit i went mad posting em about but i was very chuffed with the quote. No doubt as soon as they mess me about you will or be the first to hear and i'll eat my words.

I am in no way saying that other companies are inadequate as i have not always been with greenlight, but for my current situation they cam top, however they could possible come bottom for anuone else.

Mike
Old 10 May 2001, 02:43 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

ok lads, it's time to put this baby to rest.

I was only reacting to Mike's original posts which screamed sales pitch to me. Given his wording, new and very original username and few number of posts (they were all in the insurance group), I don't think I was too harsh in my judgement.

Anyway I just wanted to make sure that if Mike was is someway linked to Greenlight directly or worked for a broker, then they should consider becoming a sponsor like the rest of companies who show support for this site rather than passing themselves off as wonderfully content customers.

Shaun,

Your right, if Greenlight offered me cheap insurance, I'd bite their hands off. Call me paranoid

Like the rest of you, I want cheaper insurance and if Greenlight or any broker wish to help us in anyway then I'm for it.
But I'm sure the moderators would agree, they should go through the proper channels.

No offense was intended Mike and I hope as a new Scoobynet member you'll get just as much enjoyment out of the site as I do. Post some pics of your car in the Members gallery and I'm sure you'll get a much better welcome

Stefan
Old 10 May 2001, 08:56 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks both of you for your understanding I just wish other threads could be dealt with as ammicabley!!!

Regards,
Shaun.