Styling Exterior styling

blob eye exterior mods

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2014, 09:34 PM
mafew
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blob eye exterior mods

Hey guys, just recently purchased a jdm blob sti spec c in Japan. It's currently on the boat and I want some mods ready for when it arrives.

I'm very new to the subaru scene so wondering where is the best place to get things such as front lips etc? I tried ebay but they all look the same. I want somehing different preferably the chargespeed lip

Cheers
Old 27 November 2014, 09:57 PM
sc00by_d00
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

I was in a similar situation a while back earlier this year and would suggest maybe CF mirror covers and CF b pillar covers from scooby world. I the followed the same set up with some CF stiffi's from carben fibre creations on here. The usual STi front splitter but besides that, I've replaced the after market STi decals with the traditional pink :-) that is all..... For now anyway :-)
Old 27 November 2014, 10:15 PM
mafew
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your reply, mainly after a front lip atm as mine doesn't even have the sti winglets. I feel it looks pathetic without one. I'd also like a different spoiler but after more of a wing.

I have also seen different winglets things to the sti ones.
Old 28 November 2014, 01:27 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Get standard sti winglets as the aftermarket different ones don't look half as nice IMHO
I had on mine a Lester front lip and stupid winglets when I bought my blob sti
Soon as possible I put genuine sti winglets back on the car and gloss black front lip and it looks so much better with standard sti winglets.

Do a google search for Perrin they have some nice spoiler stiffis CF ones are nice as well from carben creations.

Probably look into getting the triple gauge pod that clicks into where your clock sits on your dash and get some stepper gauges for things like your boost pressure as it's good to know what's happening with your turbo.
Prosport have some good gauges at a decent price I have had mine in for a while and always worked perfect " JDM stepper gauges " is the ones I have

Maybe look into getting a remap as well,,,,,, people like Andy Forrest are amazing at engine ecu mapping but make sure it's a good mapper that remaps your car there are threads on scoobynet where you could find recommendations on good places to go for remaps

Last edited by nizmo80; 28 November 2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 28 November 2014, 11:02 PM
mafew
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by nizmo80
Get standard sti winglets as the aftermarket different ones don't look half as nice IMHO
I had on mine a Lester front lip and stupid winglets when I bought my blob sti
Soon as possible I put genuine sti winglets back on the car and gloss black front lip and it looks so much better with standard sti winglets.

Do a google search for Perrin they have some nice spoiler stiffis CF ones are nice as well from carben creations.

Probably look into getting the triple gauge pod that clicks into where your clock sits on your dash and get some stepper gauges for things like your boost pressure as it's good to know what's happening with your turbo.
Prosport have some good gauges at a decent price I have had mine in for a while and always worked perfect " JDM stepper gauges " is the ones I have

Maybe look into getting a remap as well,,,,,, people like Andy Forrest are amazing at engine ecu mapping but make sure it's a good mapper that remaps your car there are threads on scoobynet where you could find recommendations on good places to go for remaps
Cheers for the reply, luckily I have a freind into subarus so he is helping on the mapping side of things etc. The car i have already has the triple gauge pod fitted with defis so that's a bonus. I made sure it had the few things I desired when ordering from Japan to save money here.

I'll get and order some sti winglets but really want a different lip to the usual sti one as feel most will have this as it's very readily available. I like to be different and sadly I'm not a massive fan of that front lip I feel it's too bland for myself. Think I may have to try Japan for something special although I did find a sei bon carbon fibre one in America it's just a tad more then I'd like to spend
Old 29 November 2014, 01:02 PM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Try ht autos. They do a good variety of splitters and diffusers