Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1 Insurance Scheme - Any good after carsh??!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2000, 08:59 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

As you all know (well those of you who are clients, anyway) I am always on call for you...available at most times of the day and night to offer guidance, advice, comment and sometimes a shoulder to cry on following, maybe, an incident involving your beloved Scoobs.
Well this weekend I decided to take it upon myself to test the Insurance Scheme that I so thoughtfully set up for myself (and my P1), and all of you guys'n'gals that are presently insured on the scheme.

Now, we know that I (most of the time) can come up with the right price....and most of the time the paperwork gets to you on time...the garage gets the covernote...the policy documents are issued without problem etc etc...however it's not often easy to test the claims service.

Now earlier this year, August to be precise, a certain Mr Barron was involved in a non fault accident...and we, Schofield Insurance Brokers resolved the situation within 7 days, providing (following negotiation with insurers) a brand new P1 for him.

As you have probably guessed I was not content with this, and as I could not ask any of you to test the claims service of Independent Insurance for me, took it upon myself to STUFF my very own P1 into a tree on your behalves!!!!

Now I have to say that the bodywork held up quite well. I got round the 1st corner with no problems at all...then the wet roads, mud, and my $h1te driving got the worst of me....and having taken cars round tracks, driving courses and all that....what did I do....I bloody well lifted off mid way through the turn.....!!?? DOH!

Anyway to cut what is becoming a very long boring story short...I almost saved it....although the tree has managed to rearrange the whole of the passenger side of the car! Not a pretty sight.

Hopefuly later today I will be able to arrange for a suitable courtesy car etc etc etc.

Let me stress that I did this in the interest of testing the scheme that I so passionatly try to sell to you all....

C'est la vie, huh...now we'll really see how good I am...or am not...

Laters...

(posted to General also)

Tom

[This message has been edited by Rum* (edited 16 October 2000).]
Old 17 October 2000, 11:29 AM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

Cool

You really shouldn't have Tom, although it's very noble of you

Sorry to hear about your missfortune Tom. Thanks again for trying to help out with the quote recently...

Quentin
Old 17 October 2000, 04:24 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Cool

- *LMAO*

Anything to try and help...
Old 18 October 2000, 04:36 PM
adelasalle
Scooby Regular

Cool

Tom,

Hope you get your P1 back soon, and thanks for your help in getting my insurance >20% cheaper than it was.

Cheers, Alex
Old 18 October 2000, 04:59 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Alex,

A pleasure always willing to try and help - 20% isn't a bad saving is it ??!! *L*

Covernote etc in the post tomorrow - we can sort the Direct Debit next week...

All the best

Tom