Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

41 yrs old..£578..Liv&Vic...any mods.

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2005, 12:18 PM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 41 yrs old..£578..Liv&Vic...any mods.

Does that sound good or could i do better?
Have a MY00 Classic UK with Tek3, uprated springs and suspension mods and stainless steel sports exhaust. Can do any mods i like to car as long as engine capacity is not increased. Also includes one other named driver over 30 years old.
75% protected NCD.

Any opinions?
Old 12 May 2005, 12:25 PM
redwrx
Scooby Regular

Are you sure .....

Half the reason why most of us have moved from L&V, is because they've hiked the price up, and wont cover mods.

Im one of them.

L&V, last year £595, this year £825 ... no change in status, my93wrx with exhaust mods

went to A Plan - £580

get it in writing......

Frank
Old 12 May 2005, 12:46 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Me too. Been with them for two years and I'm changing the car to a modded one and they won't do me a quote because of that fact.

I'd initially been quoted a price but when I rang back to check the guy said the women who'd initially quoted me was wrong as they'd stopped doing modded cars in 2004..

Rang A-Plan and was very well looked after by Rob.. (see other thread)

Definately check mate, last thing you need is some numpty giving you the wrong info now only to find that out when you need to claim...
Old 12 May 2005, 03:57 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Pappa, PM me the number and contact please!

F
Old 12 May 2005, 10:07 PM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

I will check this out.
Last year i paid £600.18p for my Classic Uk with stainless steel exhaust and Tek3 remap with Liv & Vic. This year my renewel has just come through with the premium at £578 asking me if i want to renew.
No mention of not wanting to insure my car anymore because of the mods.

Seems strange because L&V were extremely helpful last year.
Old 12 May 2005, 10:46 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

I was about £500 last Sept for a v3 sti with Admiral. No mods, 40 last yr but the lowest insurance postcode in the universe
Just had a quote for my GTB from Admiral of £375 tpf&t with 0 no claims and a 2nd car policy discount - think it was £505 fully comp. Not bad for 0 no claims I thought.
Old 12 May 2005, 11:01 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Does seem strange.

Maybe as you're an exisitng customer, they'll honour your business?

I do know that they won't take modded cars as new business.. (BTW This excludes wheels and body kit)

I'd still double check as it appears the initial general carefree attitude to mods, and the driver driving them around the place (which was fantastic at the time), has burst and they've had a re-look at the strategy.

From what I've seen and read so far, they've gone to the other extreme by stopping all mods regardless of the driver and the reason for them..

Companies like A-Plan appear to have a much better appreciation of the subtleties of some Mods and the driver concerned and make professional, valued and personal judgements from skill & knowledge, which they can pass on to underwriters in the same skilled way, rather than simply having a call centre person reading from a computer screen.

Gives me a good feeling that they've taken my business from looking closely at me and car rather than just taking my business because they just want the money..

Trending Topics

Old 13 May 2005, 08:21 AM
callum Sti02
Scooby Regular

Please be very careful with L&V!!! Get ANYTHING they tell you in writing PLEASE. My policy has just come up for renewal and after declaring a 2.5 build to them last year they now tell me that they have no record of it. They did have a record of the crank, pistons, rods, turbo, exhaust & wheels but these were all COSMETIC!! It also turns out that they were insuring my Type UK Sti as an import at my cost.
Old 13 May 2005, 08:38 AM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

I will speak to L&V...my insurance is due for renewing at the end of May. Must say that when i took out insurance with L&V last year they were very relaxed about modifications and had no interest in security features or where i parked my car overnight....just told me to notify them if i put a bigger cc engine in.
I'll let you know what they say. I will also give A-Plan a ring. Anyone know if 01635 874646 is the correct number for A-Plan ?
Old 13 May 2005, 09:05 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

It'll be interesting to hear the reply.

Yep, numbers correct. Ask for Rob.
Old 13 May 2005, 05:09 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just spoke to Rob. Saved almost £90! (Was with LV.)

Well worth making the call.
Old 13 May 2005, 07:52 PM
Stevie.p
Scooby Regular

Cool

I called L&V toady for a quote on MY96 STI import they said that they could'nt quote for ti as is was not listed with them. I thought how strange
Old 27 May 2005, 11:11 AM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

Finally insured with A Plan for £549.....saving myself £30 over L & V quote for this year and £51 over what i paid last year with L & V.
Old 28 May 2005, 05:21 PM
Barkingbarker
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up Rob at A Plan

I can highly recommend Rob at A Plan - I used to work with him a few years ago for another broker and he knows his stuf. A Plan are also a very good broker so if the quote you get is slighty higher it would pay to pay the extra as the service is second to none in the industry.
Old 08 June 2005, 08:27 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Just got my quote from A-Plan. Spoke to Darren (works with Rob) and he's sorted me out on my scoob with all the upgrades. Top job.

F
Old 09 June 2005, 07:41 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Fellas - just to confirm that L&V seem all over the place. My first insurance was with them last year (Sept 2004) after many had said they were not doing anything, and they were happy to provide a quote for a MY 05 WRX SL with PPP. No big deal.

Will be interesting when it comes to renewal time, but it does seems as if it all depends on who you speak to...
Old 09 June 2005, 09:04 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

I had my renewal through from LV.

Went from £950 to £1,416! yeah right. Go Fu$% yourselves.

So rang the flavour of the month A-Plan and spoke to someone called Phillip. He went away with my details and came back with a quote of £765 Just waiting for it to come through the post to double confirm it is for a 2003 JDM WRX STi which is modded.

I had a non fault incident during the year and rang to ask about my NCD upon receiving my renewal quote. It had gone from 8 years to 7 years. The policy had protected NCD and she said it maintains the full 75% NCD but still effects your discount! WTF! Who gives a frogs fat ar$e about your policy say full NCD %? The whole point of having the protection is to avoid the premium going up! Anyway, could not care a $hite as it came with the policy I was quoted.

Damian.
Old 09 June 2005, 11:08 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Your discount remains intack but your risk has gone up on the original policy. So your basic price is now higher and the 75% is applied to that. Thats the way it works IIRC.

Its not no blame its no claim

F