Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Major insurance f**k up

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2005, 07:02 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Help: Major insurance f**k up

Last year I change insurers from Axa to L&V.

Phoned Axa and cancelled my policy. Thought nothing else of it until last week when they send me a renewal - you can see where this is going.

Checked my bank statements (I rarely check my current account statements) and low and behold Axa have been taking £70 off me every month.

So I've effectively had 2 policies out on the same car and want to have strong words with Axa. Tried phoning them tonight and only got an answer machine.

Has anyone any ideas what **** I'm going to find myself in and if Axa will play funny buggers giving me a refund ??

Majorly fooked off with both Axa and myself for not spotting it

Stefan
Old 09 February 2005, 07:30 PM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzy
Last year I change insurers from Axa to L&V.

Phoned Axa and cancelled my policy. Thought nothing else of it until last week when they send me a renewal - you can see where this is going.

Checked my bank statements (I rarely check my current account statements) and low and behold Axa have been taking £70 off me every month.

So I've effectively had 2 policies out on the same car and want to have strong words with Axa. Tried phoning them tonight and only got an answer machine.

Has anyone any ideas what **** I'm going to find myself in and if Axa will play funny buggers giving me a refund ??

Majorly fooked off with both Axa and myself for not spotting it

Stefan
When you cancelled the policy did you return the certificate to them with a covering letter?
If not I think you'll probably struggle to get anything back from them. How did you not notice £70/month missing from your account though?

Andy
Old 09 February 2005, 07:41 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

No I didn't. I phoned and the bloke on the line said that was all I had to do to cancel it.

I never really check my statements and to be quite honest £70 missing would be very easy to miss

Can't see why the wouldn't see it as a clear mistake and give me a refund. I mean why would I take out two policies

Stefan
Old 09 February 2005, 07:59 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

bloke at work did this for over a year and still got him money back,
Old 09 February 2005, 08:04 PM
duart
Scooby Regular

Default Duplicated Insurance

undefined[QUOTE=ozzy]Last year I change insurers from Axa to L&V.

Hi - If you can show Axa that you gave them clear instructions to cancel then they should owe you a full refund.Was the policy via a broker ? If so do they have any records to show that you told them you would not be renewing the policy ?

If the above does not stack up then you had two policies on the same car for the last 12 months and this is what I would suggest.Get written confirmation of what you have paid both companies in the form of letters from the companies or your bank statements etc.Write to both companies pointing out the duplication with the evidence of how much you have paid the other company.Point out that if their had been a claim and it emerged there were two policies they would have been only too keen to ensure the costs of the claim were shared equally between them.They will not roll over to pay as call centre muppets are not programmed to think outside the box.Ensure that you follow up your letters by writing to chief executives or similar if nothing sorted in a couple of months.The amount involvedis worth chasing as you mention a premium of £840.00 paid to AXA

If you reach deadlock with both companies take it further via the Ombudsman Scheme now called FSA and living somewhere in Docklands.ABI on 020.7600.3333 can supply contact details.

Best of luck

Alasdair
Old 09 February 2005, 08:21 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

The bank should cover the loss as it is an error with a direct debit.
Old 09 February 2005, 09:19 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Hopefully, they'll be understanding enough to accept an error - 1st on their part as it wasn't cancelled, an my own stupidity for not checking.

At the end of the day, I've paid twice so it's obvious an error. Fingers crossed they won't play funny buggers. I'll play it nicey nicey and see how I get on.

Stefan
Old 10 February 2005, 10:13 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Well , phoned AXA this morning and they had a note that I had telephoned last year.

Explained the situation and they said to simply send them proof of cover from my other insurers and they will refund my money in full.

Stefan
Old 10 February 2005, 10:21 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I had this previously and they both said they would refund half of premiums each. In the end one gave me back 50% and the other 100%, I made a profit!
Old 10 February 2005, 10:43 AM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzy
Well , phoned AXA this morning and they had a note that I had telephoned last year.

Explained the situation and they said to simply send them proof of cover from my other insurers and they will refund my money in full.

Stefan

A good result in the end. Excellent.

Andy
Old 10 February 2005, 05:20 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by teknobod
A good result in the end. Excellent.

Andy
In more ways than one as you now have £840 that you didnt know you had. Some new toys on the way perhaps?
Old 10 February 2005, 07:31 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

It's gonna pay for some gucci toys for my Mountaineering Expedition to Alaska in the summer
Old 11 February 2005, 02:45 PM
ChrisB

Some nice Gucci Go Faster boots or similar?
Old 11 February 2005, 02:59 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I'll be treating myself to a new RAB down jacket and some Scarpa mountaineering boots