Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spouse?

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2004, 06:52 PM
Manners
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question spouse?

Just rung up for an insurance quote S.D.P and commuting, as i have a van he asks who's doing the commuting, told him the wife (named driver) he say's only main driver can commute is this right?

cheers manners.

PS L&V £800 for 02 bugeye
Direct line £470
privalage £453
Old 28 October 2004, 07:00 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

well, if you commute too and from work twice a day 5 days a week, when will the main driver use the car?

If the main user only has the car at weekends then they are not the main user.

Sorry, if this wasnt what you wanted to hear, but all insurance companies are getting clever.
Old 28 October 2004, 07:06 PM
Manners
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
well, if you commute too and from work twice a day 5 days a week, when will the main driver use the car?

If the main user only has the car at weekends then they are not the main user.

Sorry, if this wasnt what you wanted to hear, but all insurance companies are getting clever.

Granted but is the main driver days or mileage, as i do more miles as her commute is only 50 a week thats 2400 miles out of 8-10K

Last edited by Manners; 28 October 2004 at 07:27 PM.
Old 28 October 2004, 09:14 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Being an eternal pessamist I think the insurance company will figure out who is the highest risk in the equal share and use them as the main driver to bump up the premium.

May seem like an obvious thing to say, but why not explain the situation to an insurance company see what they say?
Old 28 October 2004, 10:18 PM
Manners
Scooby Regular

Two other companies i spoke to just asked me who the main driver was and i told them 50/50 (even though i do a higher mileage). They said that's fine, its just that the other company told me it was illegal for a named driver to commute which has got me worried as all the no claims are in my name as the wife hasn't had her own policy for about ten years, but has been commuting on mine since then.
Old 29 October 2004, 07:14 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by Manners
Two other companies i spoke to just asked me who the main driver was and i told them 50/50 (even though i do a higher mileage). They said that's fine, its just that the other company told me it was illegal for a named driver to commute which has got me worried as all the no claims are in my name as the wife hasn't had her own policy for about ten years, but has been commuting on mine since then.

If your doing the mileage your the main user. If you specify on the policy you want commuting, this should cover any driver who is named on that policy.

simb