Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

liverpool and victoria

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2004, 04:10 PM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default liverpool and victoria

has anyone had anything in writing from L&V, in the last two weeks, to confirm their policy on modifications.

I wrote to the Chief Executive, asking for clarification and advising him to visit this web site, over four weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing.

I am coming up to 'modification' time and am keen to know their policy; as their quote is by far the cheapest.

provided that is, it actually does cover the modifications!!
Old 29 October 2004, 01:42 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trubwrx
has anyone had anything in writing from L&V, in the last two weeks, to confirm their policy on modifications.

I wrote to the Chief Executive, asking for clarification and advising him to visit this web site, over four weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing.

I am coming up to 'modification' time and am keen to know their policy; as their quote is by far the cheapest.

who is cheaper - JUST GOT Q FOR 690 FOR 03 STI PP
Old 29 October 2004, 02:48 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Have you rung LV and asked them the question?
Old 29 October 2004, 03:06 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

Off topic slightly....

I phoned L&V last week for a quote on my 2Ltr 16v Nova and got laughed at by the woman on the other end of the phone!!! LOL

Best quote so far is from Adrian Flux, underwritten by Highway (who, from past experience I know to be useless! )
Old 29 October 2004, 05:33 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Griff,

My I ask how old you are? I'm with LV and I'm paying similar for lightly modded UK MY95!! (new wheels, seats, exhaust). That's with 72% protected NCD. I'm <ahm> mid to late 30s...
Old 29 October 2004, 05:54 PM
Manners
Scooby Regular

I just got a quote off L&V 41 year old, 20 years no claims ,tracker, unmodified 02 bugeye, 34 year old wife as named driver, semi rural locality, garaged at night, secure car park day time £804 why so high? renewal came in at £470 from Direct Line £450 from privilege!!
Old 02 November 2004, 11:34 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

That is high Manners, I pay £600 for an Evo 8 FQ330
Old 02 November 2004, 06:11 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

That does sound high, i'm 30 with 5yrs NCB and my P1 is costing £733 with L&V.
Old 02 November 2004, 06:18 PM
colex
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Manners
I just got a quote off L&V 41 year old, 20 years no claims ,tracker, unmodified 02 bugeye, 34 year old wife as named driver, semi rural locality, garaged at night, secure car park day time £804 why so high? renewal came in at £470 from Direct Line £450 from privilege!!
Same age and similar situation (minus the wife bit and tracker but plus 'sports' exhaust on a MY99) and received renewal quote of £792
Old 03 November 2004, 02:43 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

jeez just got an £1100 quote on UK STi !

tesco came in under £800 !
Old 03 November 2004, 03:10 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Perriam
jeez just got an £1100 quote on UK STi !

tesco came in under £800 !
Try Privilege - they were quite a bit cheaper than Tesco for me on the same car.
Old 03 November 2004, 03:31 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Why not ring them but tell them that you are going to record the conversation for future reference as you cannot get a straight answer to ur letter ??
im will LV and recently re-insured my scooby with lods of mods no problem even made 1 claim las tr and had no hassle they ok'd the claim and scoobyclinic set about repairing the damage i had done
Old 03 November 2004, 03:57 PM
New_scooby_04

The gravy train may be about to hit the bufers on Mods I'm afraid. I phoned up the other day and requested that my statement of facts be amended to explicitly account for my mods. They agreed, but maintained that it wasnt necessary. I asked them about the premium implications for a remap the other day -as according to their "all mods ok except engine CC increase"- this should present no problems. However, the gentleman on the other end of the phone said that engine upgrades had to go to the underwriters now as the implications for the premium depend on BHP increase.

Understandable, but unfortunate, if true.

The problem appears to be the lack of consistency in policy!

They are still a very nice company to deal with at a telephone level though. The reps have always been very friendly and helpful and they were one of the few companies that would insure me for anything like sensible money.

Best.

Best.
Old 03 November 2004, 05:14 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

cheers tentenths will givre them a call.
Old 09 November 2004, 12:11 AM
Scoobsti
Scooby Regular

L & V certainly don't seem to be as cheap as they were. My renewal from Direct Line is £700 and LV want £800. Standard MY02 STi type UK - Prodrive style and I'm 44 with plenty of no claims.

Scoobsti
Old 09 November 2004, 07:12 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is iinteresting, but still not definative as far as I can see.

M
Old 09 November 2004, 08:51 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobsti
L & V certainly don't seem to be as cheap as they were. My renewal from Direct Line is £700 and LV want £800. Standard MY02 STi type UK - Prodrive style and I'm 44 with plenty of no claims.

Scoobsti
Direct Line quoted me over 28% interest on a personal loan, whereas others were quoting in the 5 & 6s - so no business going ther way!!
Old 09 November 2004, 01:27 PM
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

wierd I rang L&V to insure my new car

911 (996) Ruf turbo 520 ish bhp 560 ish lbft torque over 3 times the value of the old scoob and they want less than £200 extra to insure it for the 10 months left on my current insurance.....

seems to change day by day

edited to add total cost for new car £893 per year full business use im 35yrs old with 7+ years claim free
Old 09 November 2004, 02:20 PM
hillywrc
Scooby Regular

im with LV 34 no claims with a my97 turbo £522 my insurance is up in jan and i got a feeling its going to be alot more.
Old 09 November 2004, 02:59 PM
willy
Scooby Regular

After all this discussion on mods, ive just renewed my insurance with LV today.
Was told to keep receipts and details of mods.
This was double checked as I made the woman aware of the Subaru LV mod query.
They are ok with mods.

Old 09 November 2004, 04:43 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

I am getting slightly concerned by some on here who seem to be adament that L&V are not insuring modded cars etc.
the same names keep coming up with tales of woe.

the problem is that they dont want new policies iirc, they are happy to insure us oldies all day long, so stories about buffers and the like are totally out of proportion.
I have had my policy with liv/vic for a while now and come renewel I got all edgy and had to keep calling back, needless to say I, and many others on here with heavily modded scoobs are well and truely covered.

if they dont want you then dont feel the need to come on here scaremongering!

also, WTF are you doing getting an insurance CEO to come on here you brainless numptie!!!
now suddenly this place is being monitored 24/7 for slip ups by people in relation to accidents, driving style, general idea of character etc whcih could well jeopardise someones perfectly legitimate claim

I can see it now, ahh well mr X, it appears that on xx/xx/200x you freely admitted to doing x, y & z and this is not covered by your policy, thanks but no payout required.

think before you act
Old 09 November 2004, 06:15 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just looked at L&V web site and it said they can not insure cars which have "performance enhancing" modifications....

Has anyone taken out a new policy with them and declared mods recently? I'm not sure whether from the posts below those who have declared mods are existing customers (and so they don't want to lose business).
Old 09 November 2004, 06:28 PM
anc-sti
Scooby Regular

Bit of paranoia in this thread

Only way to find out, someone roll their modded scoob off a cliff and make a claim. Then report back
Old 09 November 2004, 07:25 PM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Peanuts
I am getting slightly concerned by some on here who seem to be adament that L&V are not insuring modded cars etc.

the problem is that they dont want new policies iirc, they are happy to insure us oldies all day long, so stories about buffers and the like are totally out of proportion.
I have had my policy with liv/vic for a while now and come renewel I got all edgy and had to keep calling back, needless to say I, and many others on here with heavily modded scoobs are well and truely covered.

also, WTF are you doing getting an insurance CEO to come on here you brainless numptie!!!
now suddenly this place is being monitored 24/7 for slip ups by people in relation to accidents, driving style, general idea of character etc whcih could well jeopardise someones perfectly legitimate claim

I can see it now, ahh well mr X, it appears that on xx/xx/200x you freely admitted to doing x, y & z and this is not covered by your policy, thanks but no payout required.

think before you act
Here Bl00dy here! Let the nonsence STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 November 2004, 01:58 PM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

think before you act
i could take a fence but i will not.

if you are prepared to drive around in a modified car without those modifications being listed in 'the statement of facts' that is attached to the policy then i think you are living very dangerously and could be paying for any serious accident for the rest of your life.

have you got your modifications covered in writing?

my posting of this thread, originally, was to try and clarify the matter.

all L&V have to say is 'existing cutomers with modified cars will continue to be covered' but 'no new modified cars will be entertained' - then we all know where we stand.
Old 10 November 2004, 02:46 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

I am an existing customer, I have my mods covered on the policy as well as a transcript of the conversation.

my point being that it is unfortunate if they do not want your business, but dont please fukc it up for the rest of us.
Old 10 November 2004, 02:54 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

all L&V have to say is 'existing cutomers with modified cars will continue to be covered' but 'no new modified cars will be entertained'
no, thats the point, they dont.
all they have to say is "yes your covered" or "no, sorry your not our type"
while unfortunate for those not covered (and lets be honest we were all kidding ourselves if we thought this was going to last forever), why the need to keep digging and calling?

no offence was meant I promise and in the cold light of day I could have toned my original post down a tad.
however, it would be a shame if they turned around and said "no more for anyone" after mooching about here and other scooby boards, wouldnt it?
Old 10 November 2004, 03:55 PM
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SVVG
I've just looked at L&V web site and it said they can not insure cars which have "performance enhancing" modifications....

Has anyone taken out a new policy with them and declared mods recently? I'm not sure whether from the posts below those who have declared mods are existing customers (and so they don't want to lose business).
how many times ........... THIS IS FOR WEBSITE BUSINESS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they cant quote for mods thru an online service......... ring them up and it's a different matter

ggggeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz
Old 10 November 2004, 03:57 PM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

no, thats the point, they dont.
all they have to say is "yes your covered" or "no, sorry your not our type"
while unfortunate for those not covered (and lets be honest we were all kidding ourselves if we thought this was going to last forever), why the need to keep digging and calling?

no offence was meant I promise and in the cold light of day I could have toned my original post down a tad.
however, it would be a shame if they turned around and said "no more for anyone" after mooching about here and other scooby boards, wouldnt it?
the problem is they say 'yes you are covered for performance enhancing modifications' over the phone then say 'no you are not covered for performance enhancing modifications' when you ask them to put it in writing.

if they said 'go away to modifications' over the phone then i would never have started this thread.

i have given up on L&V and got my modifications covered elsewhere with a broker and company that lists every modification (and its cost) and attaches it to the policy.
Old 10 November 2004, 06:39 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

L&V were fine when I renewed my policy last week, hadn't got the mods listed so went through them with the guy, but general " engine mods, exhaust mods, wheels mods etc. were discussed and added to the policy, need to look to see if they are now quoted on the paperwork!

Quick Reply: liverpool and victoria