Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice pls

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2004, 12:09 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Angry advice pls

OK...back in July nice white tranny reversed into the side of my car (MY00 wagon), needed a new wheel, tyre, strut, hub, door skin and major panel work. After five weeks (!), I got my car back; all good (thanks XS for mechanical repairs). Now still no resolution as the company who own the tranny have said they were not involved in an accident, my insurance (Liv Vic), have now escalated this to legal proceedings. I have provided the drivers name, mobile number and registration of the vehicle to my insurers.

I know I can contact the DVLA with the registration and they will tell me who the registered keeper is, anyone have any ideas if there is anything I can do about this...I am not willing to pay stupid insurance costs if I lose my NCB so its bye, bye scoob next May if this little ****** gets off...

Cheers,
Ian
Old 20 October 2004, 01:01 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as its no longer than 3 months old, you can report the driver to the police as an allegation of dangerous driving. then they investigate.

This is what I had to do to get some old git who was trying to get out of a claim to admit to being the third party.

This was the only thing i could do
Old 20 October 2004, 01:19 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
as long as its no longer than 3 months old, you can report the driver to the police as an allegation of dangerous driving. then they investigate.

This is what I had to do to get some old git who was trying to get out of a claim to admit to being the third party.

This was the only thing i could do
Shall do that, just hope its inside the time limit...
Old 20 October 2004, 01:23 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically the other guys insurance was giving me the run around, saying he wasnt even in the area at the time of the crash bla bla bla, this went on for a while, so on the advice of a police man (I got the feeling this fella was trying to stich me up) I made an allegation of dangerous driving, that same night the police informed me that yes all of a sudden his memory returned and he was in the area bla bla bla

2 years later still nothing resolved through my idiot insurance company, still cant believe steve redgrave endorses them.......so I took the guy to small claims court and had a ccj put on him, he paid me up after that.

Good luck, dont let them treat you like a mushroom.