Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Norwich Union - Advise don't use them!

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2004, 08:18 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Norwich Union - Advise don't use them!

OMG, what a nightmare company to deal with and make a claim from.

My Mum drove through a rather deep flood and broke her diesel engine, which due to the low value of the car, was considered a right off.

After several calls to their call centre, she eventually found someone who could talk English. She does French too, but that didn't seem to be on the menu either. They processed the claim and advised that an assessor would be in contact soon. Soon was around 10 days and following numerous unsuccessful calls to Bombay.

Anyway to cut a long story short, 2 months after the original call she still hasn't received the money and it may be another 2 weeks. They keep requesting different documents, photocopies at first, then they need the original, then a copy of all the drivers on the policies driving licence etc etc.

Most of the problems have been caused by the call centre staffs inability to communicate in English. This is a major problem when everyone calling them talks in this language.

I know we all demand cheap insurance, but surely there is a limit to the amount of operational cost savings these companies can make, before people vote with their feet and only use companies with local call centres.

I for one will never use Norwich Union, or for that matter any company that uses an off-shore call centre and will make a point of asking any company after my business, if they use oversea's these facilities.

It's hard enough ordering a Chinese sometimes, imagine trying to process an insurance claim at your local chinese!!!

Last edited by Scoobychick; 11 October 2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09 October 2004, 08:21 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

It wasn't an A class mercedes by any chance was it?

This happened to me and I must say that Tesco insurance were superb. I had only been with them a couple of weeks when it happened and I feared the worst but they dealt with it brilliantly....much better than the appalling service I suffered at the hands of Mercedes following the incident. Needless to say I wouldn't touch a Merc with a barge pole ever again because of the appalling manner of the service staff I experienced but Tesco were brilliant.
Old 10 October 2004, 04:29 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

NU very different now as to how they were three years ago then.

I wrote off my scoob and another car in a big accident three years ago after a previously faultless driving history, accident was my fault. Whole claim settled for both parties and no forms to fill in at all in 6 weeks and NU even offered to re-insure me, albeit premium nearly doubled!