Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inflated no claims bonus? - SORRY MODS POSTED IN WRONG FORUM PLEASE MOVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2004, 03:46 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question inflated no claims bonus?

3 years ago I brought a new citroen and got the free insurance, when I came to renew they artificially inflated the no claims from 1 year to full no claims and allowed me to protect this.

I since sold the car and canceled the policy, nearly a year ago. I have now got a new car so i rang back the company that did the free insurance and they are still quoting that I have 5+ years and that I am able to protect it. Is this ok to do as its the same company and will I be able to transfer the full 5 years over to another company or will it only show up as 2 years? any clues?

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by 106rallye; 28 August 2004 at 12:55 AM.
Old 27 August 2004, 03:55 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At a guess, they inflated the NCB to keep your business. you may find they are only prepared to give you a letter for 2 years if you try another company. On the other hand, have you tried getting a quote from them and from elsewhere? You may find you're not losing out much. Also, when you got the free insurance, did you have any NCB at the time from previous? AFAIR, most companies only allow you to transfer or re-use NCB for 6 months, again the fact that they are still OK after a year could well be to keep your business.

I would get some quotes on www.confused.com and www.moneysupermarket.com and compare those to what you are getting with this "5 year" NCB (try it with the 2 you definitely have as well as 5)

HTH