Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liverpool Victoria - just the quote i was after

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2004, 05:06 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Liverpool Victoria - just the quote i was after

Guys,

Just been quoted £1024 for a MY03 STI with afterburner vortex exhaust mod and wrc decal stickers. Also have SP30 (they don't count them!!) protected NCD and 12% direct debit charge. F***ing stunning.

Considering i've been quoted £1768 from natwest and £1748 from Privilidge, I was stunned to say the least.

The girl said that they no longer look at the SP30's as even grandma's can get speeding points with the number of camera's around these days. To say Im happy is a bloody understatement.

Give them a bell as they don't do the quote for modded cars online.

Finally, to all the guys that suggested Liverpool Victoria a big "THANK YOU". Been on scoobynet for a month or so now and already saved a shed load.

Wheelie_sti
Old 06 April 2004, 05:30 PM
Monkeh
Scooby Regular

how old are you ? my insurance is going to expire in a couple of months, and tesco want £400 extra for the PPP on my car paying just under £1400 already
Old 06 April 2004, 05:34 PM
Kiowan
Scooby Newbie

You declared decals on your insurance?? Generally accepted things to declare are major cosmetics like full bodykits or any kind of tuning (so yes the exhaust) anything niggling you tell em is just an excuse for them to bump your premium up.
Old 06 April 2004, 05:48 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Wink Declare it all ...

Originally Posted by Kiowan
You declared decals on your insurance?? Generally accepted things to declare are major cosmetics like full bodykits or any kind of tuning (so yes the exhaust) anything niggling you tell em is just an excuse for them to bump your premium up.
Declared "EVERYTHING" matey, trust me Im not paying £25k for a car and risking it all for some stickers. Direct line wouldn't even allow me to have them added.
BTW im 37, 5 yrs (this year) no claims and 3 points for speeding SP30.
Thats also with £400 excess, with direct line wanted £720!

If i were you mate I would declare everything, the last thing you want is the accident inspector to say "I don't seem to have the decals you have on the car listed on the document". Full WRC decals stick out like bollox the size of footballs on a very small dog. Ask "scoobychrissy" and "tiny" They get the car noticed more, therefore some insurers will deem it more of a risk, some won't.

Be carefull buddy, don't give these scumbags an inch when it comes to paying out after an accident.

wheelie_sti
Old 06 April 2004, 07:18 PM
Father Ted
Scooby Regular

I'll second that - my insurance went down £500 (to £798) with LV after I checked out the advice on this forum.

Cheers to all

FT
Old 06 April 2004, 08:19 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

Also second that Father Ted advised off the forum abot LV and managed to save over £350.

My cheapest qoute was Tesco who wanted £1050 + Tracker
LV £802 inc protected no claims.

Btw im 25 and the missus is 28 with 4 years behind us - MY00 + PPP

Ashley
Old 06 April 2004, 08:31 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

I thought L&V didn't mind about mods i.e. didn't charge extra for them.
Old 06 April 2004, 11:33 PM
Kiowan
Scooby Newbie

I don't think I tried them, Im insured with Norwich Union, £900 tpft, but that's 20 and no NCB in the center of Birmingham, I'll try them on renewal...
Old 06 April 2004, 11:46 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluto22b
I thought L&V didn't mind about mods i.e. didn't charge extra for them.
They don't, but you still need to tell 'em.
Old 06 April 2004, 11:46 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

I am sorting my insurance out at the moment & LV beat the competition by over £120
Their online quote system doesn't ask much compared to most sites though i.e If it is garaged or parked on the road, etc.

Darren
Old 07 April 2004, 09:16 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

I have just called LV & paid for my new policy. There are no catches. They say they don't 'use excuses like speeding tickets, occupation, where vehicle parked to bump up policy price'. The cheapest I could get for parking a RenaultSport Clio 172 on the street in Brum with protected no claims was £780. LV have just done it for £616 with all the usual benefits ie hire car, legal & with a sensible excess

Darren
Old 07 April 2004, 09:44 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

You *NEED* to declare decals as a modification.

Some companies will load you significantly for them, as it increases the risk associated with your car. I could speculate as to why (malicious damage due to vandalism... Perhaps people think it is the real rally thing... who knows) but companies do perceive it to be a modification which increases risk.

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 07 April 2004, 11:28 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by wheelie_sti
Guys,

Just been quoted £1024 for a MY03 STI with afterburner vortex exhaust mod and wrc decal stickers. Also have SP30 (they don't count them!!) protected NCD and 12% direct debit charge. F***ing stunning.
BTW im 37, 5 yrs (this year) no claims
Man, you must have one sh1te(read high risk) post code. Glad you're chuffed tho'.
Old 07 April 2004, 01:35 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Smile Post code issues

Originally Posted by MattW
Man, you must have one sh1te(read high risk) post code. Glad you're chuffed tho'.
I must have matey near Sheffield. L&V did say that if the car was modified to take pictures of all modifications to the car as in the event of a claim, they would need photographic evidence to backup extra payments for exhausts, alloys, decals etc.

It really is something when you're chuffed about paying a grand for insurance tho eh? Sh**t happens mate, could be worse, I could still live in Notts where my insurance was really taking the ****.

wheelie_sti
Old 07 April 2004, 02:10 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

You dont have to tell L+V about mods just keep reciepts of mods you have made.As the mods make no difference to premium telling them which have been made is redundant. I am with L+V and have checked this point with them.
Old 07 April 2004, 02:13 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Wheelie

Swindon post code, MY03 STI PPP, Defi's 18 ff7's, Aged 32 + wife to drive, Full protected NCB, SP50 3 years ago = £699
Old 07 April 2004, 02:18 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Judge
You dont have to tell L+V about mods just keep reciepts of mods you have made.As the mods make no difference to premium telling them which have been made is redundant. I am with L+V and have checked this point with them.
Interesting point mate, just going by what the rather helpfull lady from L&V told me. She did indicate that the mods were not taken into account but told me to photograph it at each stage of modification. I suppose if you can prove by means of a receipt then thats acceptable also. I have both.

Personally, Im just glad that an insurance company is altering there business acumen in line with what is going on today. Question though, anyone had to claim from L&V, any issues?

Just a thought as I've always regarded insurance companies as lower than whale sh*t due to there paying out dodging expertise.

wheleie_sti
Old 07 April 2004, 02:42 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

I have my home insurance with L&V also. I had to claim year before last and if their motor claims are anything like home claims you've nothing to worry about.
Old 07 April 2004, 02:45 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by MattW
I have my home insurance with L&V also. I had to claim year before last and if their motor claims are anything like home claims you've nothing to worry about.
Nice one Matt ...

Cheers
wheelie_sti
Old 07 April 2004, 04:15 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I've just changed to LV. Easy people to deal with and had the lowest quote. Don't get stung for mods either. Their just interested if you up the capacity.
Old 08 April 2004, 01:27 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TAINTON
Also second that Father Ted advised off the forum abot LV and managed to save over £350.

My cheapest qoute was Tesco who wanted £1050 + Tracker
LV £802 inc protected no claims.

Btw im 25 and the missus is 28 with 4 years behind us - MY00 + PPP

Ashley

I thought that L&V no longer insured anyone under 30?
Old 08 April 2004, 02:09 PM
Husaberk
Scooby Regular

What I am doing wrong? They've just quoted me £660 for Protected NCB Comp for my standard Trackered MY00 5DR for me only to drive based on
Married 36 yr old IT Techie
West Swindon(V low risk) postcode
8years NCB
Clean license
10000miles pa

Lady did mention that big discounts were given to certain orgs like the CSMA members
Old 09 April 2004, 09:06 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Guys,

Considering i've been quoted £1768 from natwest and £1748 from Privilidge, I was stunned to say the least.

The girl said that they no longer look at the SP30's as even grandma's can get speeding points with the number of camera's around these days. To say Im happy is a bloody understatement.

Give them a bell as they don't do the quote for modded cars online.

Finally, to all the guys that suggested Liverpool Victoria a big "THANK YOU". Been on scoobynet for a month or so now and already saved a shed load.

Wheelie_sti
My insurance has just gone down with L&V as they have now quoted me a mere 1087quid fully comp protected on my Spec C

Tony
Old 09 April 2004, 09:07 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris singleton
I thought that L&V no longer insured anyone under 30?
Uk turbos, 25 and above, STi's and JDM's 30+

Tony
Old 09 April 2004, 09:50 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Tony.. do they load for JDM's ?
Old 09 April 2004, 10:00 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

I'm with L&V - £900 premium. Seen as I've £12k of mods on the car their attitude is refreshing. To make sure I rang them twice at different times to make sure that the mods story is correct - got the same answer twice which is good enough for me (pics and receipts duly available, though!)

BTW - RB5, I'm 31 full no claims etc
Old 10 April 2004, 01:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Alan,
nope, if anything, my insurance has gone down this year (60 quid!)

Tony
Old 12 April 2004, 07:56 PM
Anthony_scooby
Scooby Newbie

Default What am I saying wrong then?

I tried getting quotes from L&V and Adrian Flux for a 97 STi3 wagon with VF24 Turbo, complete Scoobysport exhaust, 18" Tego detriot wheels, 6 pots and neither would even give me a quote. They suggested Tesco so rang them and they did quote £1548 (Protected, £500Excess) but thats is only if the mods only give a power increase of upto 10% bhp above the standard car.

I wasnt sure on the standard Sti bhp or what those sort of mods where likely to produce (any ideas?) so let them quote on that, i suspect it would be more.

Ow by the way I already have a standard UK car, I am 38, Full NCD, live in Watford.

Any Suggestions?

Anthony
Old 12 April 2004, 11:21 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Question weird

Originally Posted by Anthony_scooby
I tried getting quotes from L&V and Adrian Flux for a 97 STi3 wagon with VF24 Turbo, complete Scoobysport exhaust, 18" Tego detriot wheels, 6 pots and neither would even give me a quote. They suggested Tesco

Anthony
Quite strange matey? I would have thought you have the criteria to receive a decent quote from L&V. As long as you've not been banned they seem quite accomodating with the mods.

wheelie_sti
Old 12 April 2004, 11:27 PM
Anthony_scooby
Scooby Newbie

Thats what I was hoping after reading this thread about them.

I have 20 years of trouble free motoring. ie no points/never banded/no accidents. Boring I guess.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Liverpool Victoria - just the quote i was after