Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

false address

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2003, 07:10 AM
scoff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...... first time here...... great site !!!
right then, my parents have just moved to a tiny village in wales for there retirement.
me living in birmingham, the insurance is way over the top....so what if i said i lived with my old folk in there tiny little village, my insurance would be hell of a lot cheaper. they could forward all the letters straight to me, so no problems there.... give the insurance company my mobile number only so they have no birmingham number.....
so here is the interesting bit..... what if my car was nicked out side my house in birmingham.... would they investigate it and find the house is in my name and make it void.....
any one else do this, or am i just criminally minded..

cheers for any answers ........... scoff.
Old 01 April 2003, 07:32 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

I know someone that does this as well. He has his own house in Putney but insurers it under a familys name a bit further out and gets cheaper insurance.

Not sure where you would stand though if it was nicked outside your house. I wouldnt have thought they would have a look at the houses to see if they belong to you. I guess you could argue your 75% at the address in Wales and 25% in Birmingham
Old 01 April 2003, 07:45 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Red face

The reality is this is fraud. If you were caught the insurance companyt would be in their rights to refuse claim. They will look for anything to reduce payout so be very careful.

IMHO its not worth it.
Old 01 April 2003, 08:17 AM
rakh1
Scooby Regular

When I was at Uni I had this problem and asked the insurance company about it. They wanted to know where the car would be kept for more than 50% of the time. That was Uni which was cheaper than at home so I was pleased!

R