ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

5dr boot installs pictures available??

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2001, 08:12 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi David,

Someone has mounted a sub in the spare wheel well, which is fairly stealthy. If you want stealth, you're going to have to sacrifice some volume IMHO, so I'd keep it simple and use a single sub. This neatly avoids phasing problems from two subs in different planes...

Isobaric is worthwhile if you wish to reduce the cubic volume of a box, but remember that you'll have a driver on the outside of it, which tends to be a dead giveaway that you've got a decent system installed... Your understanding is spot on though, wire them out of phase with respect to each other, preferably across the same amp channel if your amp is capable of driving a 2 ohm bridged load (needs to be 1 ohm stereo stable). Don't forget to allow space in between the drivers' faces for 2x XMax! Ok, they should move in the same direction, but...

Amp-wise, you could always install a false floor, or false side. Passenger side would be first port of call as that's nearest the battery, and also avoids the fuel tank.

I'm in Leeds myself - drop me a mail if you want to meet up.

Nick.
Old 03 July 2001, 12:08 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

Does anybody have any pictures of boot installs in a 5dr I can look at for inspiration?? I will understand if people dont want to in case they think I am thieving scum.. I am not thinking of copying its just that I cant think of where to put 4 amps 2 subs and an a EQ..

I had a full boot install in by last car (pug 106) and it was unusable.... and I was planning on keeping the subaru sensible... then I put 4pot calipers and new wheels on it before I even drove it.. so I thought to hell with it... however I fancy something more sensible...

Has anybody tried a sub in either side of the boot after the strut... would I have problems with these canceling each other out due to phase problems?? or would I just have to wire them out of phase... (could experiment.. if it is not a waste of time them opposing themselves.... or has anybody done a 'sealed isobaric enclosure' i think thats the one anyway... sub inside the box and sub opposing wired out of phase.. also bridged I assume to avoid problems with left right channels varying...

Anyhelp or insipration is welcomed..

Regards

David