Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Axa?

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 10:09 PM
Prodrive Legacy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24year old 92 Legacy estate, last year payed £912 With Tescos, this year best quote is £420 with axa!

Surely that is too cheap....cant find a catch!
Old 08 March 2003, 12:42 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

I'm with AXA U.K turbo MY00 £700 with PNCB and paying on instalments, and they haven't charged me for bigger alloys, exhaust, and bigger rear spoiler so i can't complain mate.

James.
Old 09 March 2003, 05:21 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

In my experience if you get a web quote check the model they've quoted. My last three tries ended with the follwoing.

A Gx for a WRX
A Gx for an STI
A Clio MTV for my wife's Clio Dynamique.

In all 3 cases the quotes were significantly lower than what they would\should be.
Old 09 March 2003, 06:20 PM
superdon
Scooby Regular

out of interest i just tried for a quote on my MY03 WRX. I am 24, have 4 years no claims and live in a good area. I am being quote just under £1,000 with Tesco.

AXA says on the site that they cannot do an online quote for me. This usually means the prices is going to be ridiculous in my experience. Any ideas why this is?
Old 10 March 2003, 01:31 PM
PhilA
Scooby Regular

Too young on a high group car. You can ring for a quote though.
Old 10 March 2003, 09:46 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

added to say - I am actually with AXA. Went through Aplan though.
Old 11 March 2003, 11:57 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Wink

I got caught by this last year with my Wife's car. The car was a Clio Dynamique, and after entering the reg it came back with a good quote.

The problem we had was that we had cancelled our renewal and already taken out insurance with another coy. We then had to cancel that as the quote did not include protected NCD, and to add it made the quote expensive. So we then took out insurance with AXA who sent us docs for a Clio MTV. When we queried we were asked for more money, which although was cheaper than our renewal(marginally) would not normally* have got our business.

*we both work for a large insurance coy which is a competitor with AXA and who we were insured with the prev. year.

After some emails back and forth, we eventually paid the extra but will certainly shop around again this year.

When I tried quoting online both my WRX, and now my STI both come up as a GX. When I called they would not quote due to the grouping. However i am now insured with AXA through Aplan, who quoted £675 on an STI7!!!
Old 11 March 2003, 12:39 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Was with AXA a few years back for the usual reason (lowest quote) but they were shockingly bad in handling my claim when I had an accident.

They didn't get round to inspecting my car for weeks and in the end had to approve the work over the phone. Also, it should have been the other party's liability but they did nothing to defend my position for nearly a year and were seemingly happy to let it go to court. As a contractor I couldn't afford the time off for that so ended up accepting liability as the cheapest alternative!

Best of luck if you go with them

G
Old 03 November 2003, 11:32 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I was getting quotes online this morning, and AXA was one of them. It asks for Reg no and decides what your car is for you. The quote was only 350, a lot less than ALL the others, and I thought it odd. So I checked the policy details, which were not shown automatically, and they had decided my car is a Impreza GX and not a WRX!
Tried it without the reg no, and they would not quote on line!
Now, I do not know how they work out what your car is, but if I had not checked, I am concerned that the cover would not have been valid anyway.
Anyone any experience of this?
Note that all the other quotes I got based on Reg No got it correct.

[Edited by supertouring - 3/11/2003 11:33:47 AM]