Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Direct Line - NOT!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2003, 05:59 PM
bogie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just fitted centre decat to my MY01 and thought since I was a sh*t bag I better inform my insurance company, Direct Line.

They charged me an additional £19 from now till renewal, April 03. Not too bad I thought.

Then when my new cover note arrives the barstewards have upped my excess by £100 to £450.

No-one advised this when I called to declare the mod.

Called them and they basically said tuff.

Because of this and also 2 Impreza owners I know have had very crappy accident repairs or not fully repaired I will move
elsewhere this year.

Basically take care when being honest as you will get it tight!

Bogie
Old 05 February 2003, 08:47 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
think your self lucky im with privelge they upped my excess to £750 and i pay an extra £15 a month for the increase in power
Old 05 February 2003, 09:24 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

direct line dont provide hire car cover during repairs either, something i didint think about until it was too late....
Old 05 February 2003, 09:29 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Bogie,

Why don't you just take your business elsewhere?
Old 05 February 2003, 09:53 PM
bogie
Scooby Regular

Wacky,

That's what I am going to do.

I have paid the year upfront so can't move until April.

Egg.com gave a good quote in comparison to last year without mods, but there was no place to enter mods.

Someone at work had a bit of a spin in their classic scoob (caused by a hump in the road), went off the road, damaged :

bonnet, wing, door, sill, sump protector, oil filter.

Car came back with the door still dented as Direct Line reckoned it didn't happen in the accident and still took the full excess from them, they were so pi**sed off and scared to drive the car incase something else happened that they sold it.

Booger
Old 05 February 2003, 10:03 PM
breezer
Scooby Regular

Bogie, you don't come from Bristol do you? (sorry, I'm too stupid to understand "big tadge city")
Old 05 February 2003, 10:40 PM
dariogatso
Scooby Regular

Cool

car insurance is simply a tax!!!..tough call to declare all mods..some insurances just pay..end of story..some will void a claim if you have a clash cd ,as it encourages dangerous driving..i had hastle trying to get over the whole pro-drive add on's to my car..cost me as much in phone calls to clear it up as it did to get the ppp fitted...i went back to using my fathers insurance for a while ,it got that bad....mm i realy must get my own insurance now that im 27!!!...
Old 02 May 2003, 10:24 PM
co55ie
Scooby Regular

Bogie thats nonsense either that or your mate is a plank if he had fully comp insurance the door would have been repaired aswell regardless of how it happened and why on earth wouldnt direct line take the full excess, they would if the bill was £1 more than the agreed excess sum. Most reputable insurance companies as you will know use MVRA approved bodyshops so you cant blame direct line for the bodyshop doing a shoddy job. Why didnt your mate complain and do something as all these repairs are guaranteed for 3 years.
ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE RIP OFF MERCHANTS

[Edited by co55ie - 2/6/2003 10:36:39 AM]