Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tesco tracker evidence

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2002, 12:49 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Tesco will not cover the car for theft until they receive evidence of the installation of an approved Tracker.

However, they are happy to take the full premium for this period

Also, they don't ask for a birth certificate, or proof of address, to verify other insurance proposal details. Don't see the logic.

[\grumpy]
Old 02 August 2002, 01:55 AM
B4 Boy
Scooby Regular

We went with Tesco's as they gave us the best quote however on return of the paperwork they didnt include her 3 points so we filled in the paperwork highlighting their mistake (They quoted us on the driving conviction) 2 months later we got a letter asking for another £100 because we failed to tell them about the conviction!!!!

After a long heated conversation with Tesco's they basically said pay it or we will cancel your cover!!
I also queeried their annual mileage limit, If you have an import you are limited to 10,000 miles per year you have to pay an extra £50 for 2,000 extra miles. Will not be renewing next year.
Old 05 August 2002, 08:54 AM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Tesco's wanted another £100 from me when I said I was moving to another nearby postcode. What baffled me was my old address was parked on the driveway, yet my new address was parked in a garage overnight. Can't see the logic on that either and my renewal is due early September and it won't be with Tesco's!!!

Andy.
Old 09 August 2002, 03:38 PM
blitz imp reza
Scooby Regular

I am with tescos price was reasonable but just rang them to ask how much extra it would be to declare performance exhaust they came back with £200 ish on top, *******!! even the bloke on the phone said thats a bit steep.