Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expected insurance premium after accident

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2002, 11:47 AM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well

If you have not read my post on Southern then here goes.

Joining A27 at Shoreham when car span out into the fast lane only to be hit head on by a VW transporter van, seems like my scoob will be written off by the insurers. Police have stated that there is usually some diesel and they also have the same effect ie back end losses it, they also said that an accident happens there nearly once every month, does this make it a black spot or wot. Any help for insurance is welcome.

My second request is has anyone had such an experience where their car has been written off and they have choosen to go down the scooby route again. What was the insurance premium like afterwards.

My insurance included business one and was about 1200 squidlies (v.expensive)

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

cheers

Rup
Old 10 July 2002, 12:49 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Hi m8
Can only give you my experience of a bump. Seen as my fault.
So premium went up by approx 25%. Don't want to sicken you but thats a whole 600 squid now!!!
Live in the middle of nowhere and if a motor is stolen the cops only have to watch 2 roads.
Good luck
Alasdair
Old 10 July 2002, 08:09 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Cheers that's really good news. Might have to sell the wife to get insured on a scoob again. Worth it in my bookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Omly kidding she's watching me write this.

It's not a case of getting the scoob nicked though, but 25% for me is about 400squidlies and that's alot. But still worth it as my company car .

Cheers

Rup
Old 12 July 2002, 10:22 PM
ScoobySu
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Scooby Roo - just a little example for you!

Scenario is hubby aged 33, 5 years plus NCB, me aged 33 (well I was then), 0 NCB - 1 50:50 June 1999 & 1 fault Oct 2001 - insuring 1 ltr Nissan Micra! Car is parked on drive, v.low annual mileage - usual SDC use - requesting premiums in March. Car has previously been insured ino hubby, with me driving a company car, but now he has the scooby & the co car has gone back, so I will have the Micra.

Renewal premium with him indoors as main driver & me as named second driver - £300 (up £50 from renewal in 2001)- not too bad me thinks in circumstances of recent accident.

Now lets switch it around, with me (remembering 2 claims in past 3 years, 1 of which is fault) as main driver. Can you guess what premium I was quoted?

£750! Yes - £750 - and that was after staff discount!

Needless to say I decided to shop around, & eventually found one for £400.

I think that most insurers look at claims within the past 3 or 5 years - my premium was able to be reduced because (a) the broker was able & prepared to link the Scooby policy with the Micra (most on-line & telephone systems can't do that - it's systems you know)& (b) they were able to discount the fact that the 50:50 claim will drop out of the equation during the insured year as it occured in June 1999.
Old 12 July 2002, 11:19 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Cheers,

I'm still looking at a high quote but the wife is getting a new car so I can use that for work not another scoob.

Just hope the Insurance company make me a sensible offer. Looked at dealer prices (where I got mine from) and there about 13-14k.

Thanks for the comp

Rup
Old 13 July 2002, 09:59 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

What did you used to drive Scooby Roo. I often see loads of Scooby's in and around Brighton.
Darren
Old 13 July 2002, 12:33 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

It was a silver MY99 high spoiler, that's about the only thing that didn't get damaged.

Rup