Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tesco - good prices - rubbish admin

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2002, 10:08 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tesco! good price so went with it, however:

this morning I receive my third letter saying "please contact us regarding a change to your policy"

this is the 3rd time now, and on the previous 2 they said oh no dont worry you can ignore that.

Somewhere, some people arent talking to each other.

Andy
Old 10 July 2002, 02:20 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

when you took your policy did you ask for courtesy car cover.
i was with TESCO insurance from may 2001 to april 2002, they were the cheapest by far. i asked for courtesy car to be included, they said it was.

wrote my car off in feb2002 rang for info on coutesy car, sorry its company policy that wee do not provide courtesy cars.*******s.

my sister insured with after my initial advise and she requested a courtesy car and was told yes. she rang up after my claim as i told her they did not do courtesy cars. they said the same to her.

accident happened begin feb. agreed written off and value 3 days later, good service.

got paid out in april, BAD SERVICE!!!!

now with norwhich union.
Old 10 July 2002, 02:25 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

they are cheap, but there are lots of things you dont get, courtesy is mentioned as one of those things.

I called again today, they said "we had to write to you because we had no phone number for you" WHAT! like no chance, I included it in all my forms as requested.

Once again, the reason for me calling was not needed, wasted 12 mins calling them 10 of which were on hold. Not the sharpest tools in the box.

Old 10 July 2002, 03:04 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

the only way i got my money out of them was to ask for precise address as i would come and collect seen as though i work in leeds.

sorry sir no customers allowed, your cheque will be in the post tommorow, it was luckily for them. took at least 3 phone calls per week for 2 months to get the money, each call lasting on average 20 mins +.

did you know that uk insurance underwrite them, who incidently underwrite barclays. they are backed by royal bank of scotland, which also setup direct line and privilige.

you would expect all premiums to be the same wouldnt you?
Old 12 July 2002, 07:13 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

If you look on the Tesco web site there's an address for the head office in Edinburgh I think, complain to them, worked for me when they wouldn't document the mods on my Scooby properly.

How about this for a Tesco's scenario:

Me: 'Can you tell me how my premium will be affected if I change my car from my 2 year old Impreza Turbo to a 4 year old Citreon Xantia turbodiesel owned by my brother?'

Tesco: 'Yes, sir, that wil cost you an EXTRA £21 per month'

Me: 'Sorry £21 EXTRA? Why?'

Tesco: 'It's because the Citreon is not owned by you and is therefore deemed to be a higher risk'

Me: 'What, higher than a car that's worth 4 times as much and is 9 insurance groups higher? Eh?'

To cut a long story short, I phoned back and asked what they would give me back if I cancelled the policy, 'Oh sorry sir, must be some mistake, of course we can insure the Xantia, and in fact we owe you £62'. ********.

They're cheap though