Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Company car driver discount - not any more?!

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2002, 06:58 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is driving me mad.....why do insurers talk such utter drivel:

I have just over 2 years driving on my own insurance, with no claims. Prior to that I have 13 years as a company car driver, again claim free, with employers' letters to back this up.

I've just been told by two insurers that they will only accept the 2 years that I've had my own insurance as no claims. Seems like a reasonable enough approach, doesn't it? If they've decided not to accept company car history for no claims, fair enough, I'll go somewhere else.

But then, they went on to tell me that if I was coming straight from the company car, they could give me a discount equivalent to maximum no claims.

So, 15 years claim free and I get 2 years NCB. But, if I had 'only' 13 years claim free straight from the the company car I would get 5+ years NCB, the maximum.

It gets better, both then said if my renewal notice (which I don't have yet) states maximum NCB, they would be happy to give me full no claims discount also.

Is this some sort of trick so if I needed to make a claim they can say 'ah, your NCB seems not to be valid as you only really had 2 years, I'm afraid you policy is invalidated'.

What a farce!

Cheers
Tim
PS Anyone know where I can get 3 years insurance so that I don't have to go through this bunch of w@nk every year?

Old 12 July 2002, 10:05 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Tim,

i came from 18 years of company car driving, of which the last 10 years was accident free - yet no insurance company would give me a NCD!! This is despite a letter from the ex-companies insurance confirming the previous 5 years history (all that they keep ).

The whole thing is a lottery (except that you never win!). They seem more concerned about arbitrary NCDs than actual driving history. Er, if that suits them!!!

mb
Old 12 July 2002, 10:11 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

oh, (and after reading your other post), i went for Tesco, who gave me an "introductory discount" which was the best price.

Dunno what that will mean regards NCD for next year though?

mb