Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

23 yr old in bad crime area with a scooby insurance help

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2002, 07:55 AM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that EVERYONE asks this but i've followed most of the advice i've seen in other peoples posts and cant get my quote down.

I'm 23, have a 5 years no claims bonus, no convictions, have a responsible job as a manager but live in North London in an area where the insurance group is the second highest it can be!

HELP!

The lowest I can get is with Directline for £1381 which is what I was paying last year on a Fiesta RS Turbo (ok stop laughing), I've been to Adrian Flux and some others but they wont protect my no claims bonus, surely I've proven by now in 5 years that i'm not about to go crash my car! Whats worse is that the car is a 99 with a Cat 1 alarm and a decent Tracker fitted (Monitor), so why cant I get this down, isnt there a company who can sort this.

My mate just crashed his old Fiesta Turbo and was expecting a higher quote but adrian flux sent him a £400 lower quote saying that "we have a policy that insures people who have crashed once, because its unlikely they'll crash again", so does this mean I should go crash a car!! I think not boo hoo!
Old 05 July 2002, 10:35 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

I think that the price you have been quoted is very good for a high crime rated area, direct line wanted 1330 f/c protected with mods on my scoob in a high rated crime area (M postcode) so dont be too worried about it, just get a decent tracking system fitted like Trackstar etc which you can either buy outright or pay something like 23 quid per month on and up your security (visible security is good! ie disklok).

Tony
Old 05 July 2002, 10:39 AM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Its got a tracker monitor like I said, i'm not worried about that, its insured if its nicked, I just want my premium to come down! If I mod slightly then they want £250 every time, I had a fiesta and put a SS exhaust system on and they wanted £250, then £250 for twin head light conversions.

THe chances are that I will mod the car and they want daft money every time i do so i'm keen not to get locked in a 1 year insurance deal.
Old 05 July 2002, 11:26 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Well unfortunately we all have to suffer a bit if we want to modify our cars and live in high risk areas
You may find that getting the full decat exhaust will cost you 250 quid, but it will also give you around 250bhp (if your running super unleaded fuel )
If you modify then you have to pay, simple as that

Tony
Old 09 July 2002, 12:56 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

i suggest you try switching to tesco or privilege or some other.
Old 09 July 2002, 02:15 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Don't be too put off by the lack of NCB protection as it sometimes isn't worth that much. If you made a claim with NCBP your quote for next year will still be sky high since it'll be 65% off the figure they've calculated taking into account that you've had a claim! And its not as if you will loose all your NCB if you do claim without protection, it only gets put back a couple of years. Yeah, it'll cost more than if did have protection, but then again if you've been protecting your NCB for 5 years you've already given them £400 or so for the priveledge.

Talk about swings and roundabouts..

Justin
Old 09 July 2002, 02:19 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

I only protected it from last year when I reached 4 years, wasnt worth protecting less
Old 07 September 2002, 01:53 PM
stevied1
Scooby Regular

found N.F.U.mutual TO BE THE CHEAPEST by far. Stevie D.

[Edited by stevied1 - 7/9/2002 1:56:18 PM]