Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Privilege havin a laugh!

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2002, 06:42 AM
Contigo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently taken out a policy on a UK turbo with Privilege. I am 24 and got a decent premium of about £980.

Received papers yesterday and they were asking for proof of tracker fitted. Under no circumstances was I ever informed that this was a requirement for the insurance of said vehicle.

I then called them to explain this and they vehemently denied my claims and said that it is a stipulation of the insurance!

So after a few calming minutes I got on to a manager and gave him my thoughts. Received a call back from him about ten minutes later and he said that they would waive the tracker requirement until renewal and he apologised for the inconvenience.

Result as it saved me £500 for the fitting.

Just goes to show you that even if you double check at the time of insurance (I asked the telephonist three times if there was any requirement for extra security devices and all she said was that I needed a Thatcham Cat 2 fitted!!!) then they can still try and pull a fast one.

[Edited by Contigo - 6/18/2002 6:44:14 AM]
Old 18 June 2002, 10:32 AM
jimbrit
Scooby Regular

I had the exactly the same problem with Direct Line until I asked them to check the recording of the calls I had made. Result.. no tracker till renewal!
Old 21 June 2002, 12:35 AM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

I've also had this problem.....
Sent proof of Cat 1 alarm after the company had allowed my insurance to lapse (dispite telling me it would be automatically renewed!) and never got any confirmation of this being recieved.
Phoned a few weeks later to enquire about mods and whether I had theft cover, and was told all was fine. When I informed them of my new exhaust a few weeks ago, I was shocked to find that along with my new schedule, I had a letter telling me I had no theft cover because I haven't declared having a tracker fitted!!

Obviously I don't get a discount for not having theft cover! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by DaveD - 6/21/2002 9:13:28 PM]
Old 21 June 2002, 06:53 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I'd still get a tracking system fitted to your car, even if it is only a few hundred pounds.
The fact is that if your car is stolen, wouldnt you atleast like to see the people who nicked it put away?
Also most thefts are professional on our cars due to them being used in ram raids etc so they are normally undamaged when taken, and if a professional car ring is broken due to a tracking system id mark that up as one nil to the good guys

Tony