Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

help with audio setup in blobeye.

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2012, 02:55 PM
Scoobyfan2012
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with audio setup in blobeye.

Hey guys!

Sorry if these are nooby questions ICE has never been my strong point.

Basically Im installing a double din screen on my blobeye sti and I thought while I am at it I would change the shockingly bad Subaru speakers.

I don't really want to fit a dedicated amp for the front speakers, so my first question is if I fit some nice speakers in the front doors instead of fitting a dedicated amp can I simply unplug the speakers in the rear doors (which don't do much) and therefore give the standard amp less to do? Or am I being silly?

Secondly how important is sound damping the door pannels is it worth doing while I have the door cards off and if so does it replace the plastic sheet that's bonded to the door or does it go underneath that in strategic locations.

Which size speakers should I fit, I've been told 6x9s will fit with modifications.

And finally should I put tweeters in the doors (next to door lever) or do they not make much difference.

Sorry for all the questions basically just want to know how to get decent sound, I won't be spending a fortune on speakers I was thinking infinitys?
Thanks all. D

Last edited by Scoobyfan2012; 28 November 2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 28 November 2012, 04:08 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

Sorry I'm not terribly up on Blobeyes but I can give my 2 cents about some questions

1/ It wont make any difference if you plug out the rear speakers

The output to the fronts wont increase or the sound quality in the front speakers wont change or improve in any way .

2/ I cant stress how much of an improvement sound deadening will make if done correctly , for me its the number one improvement you can make when upgrading your system. I took the plastic sheet off mine personally

3/ Not too sure bout Blobs but I very much doubt 6x9 s will fit in the door ?
Although as I said I never had one so I could be wrong

4/If you are just running your speakers off the HU then the tweeters mounted on the woofer in the door position is fine

Infinity Kappas seem to be very popular amongst the SN members

Never had them myself so cant really comment

HTH
Old 28 November 2012, 10:41 PM
J44CE
Scooby Regular

good old ininity ay, good speakers for the price, have a look for mb quart entry level speakers or even hertz entry level, both are around the £100 mark and wont dissapoint.
When fititng sound deadening in the door, just clean the outer skin and stick it straight to the outer skin directly behind the speaker. then maybe some eggshell sound deadening on top if you wanna go all the way and do a proper job lol.
Old 29 November 2012, 11:28 AM
Scoobyfan2012
Scooby Regular

Ok I'm told the new headunit has dedicated lines for front and rear speakers so I will fit some new rear ones as well, I've decided on MTX speakers.

16.5 for the front but what size are the rear?

Thanks
Old 29 November 2012, 01:45 PM
Loonie
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, I would recommend these lol

Old 30 November 2012, 03:35 AM
J44CE
Scooby Regular

I think they maybe only 4inch in the back but pretty sure I've got 5inch in those with no messing about.
Old 30 November 2012, 11:19 AM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loonie
Hi mate, I would recommend these lol

lol

Poor girl on the right with her little mid ranges

a good set of 8's is what you want
Old 30 November 2012, 01:52 PM
Scoobyfan2012
Scooby Regular

Epic pix
Old 31 January 2013, 09:06 PM
Filioque
Scooby Newbie

I would like to to see their tweeters :-)
Old 01 February 2013, 12:19 AM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sell those at my work :P

Id personally go for Vibe black air or slick range. Fit them to a lot of customers car and really do notice a hell of a difference. for a classic im definite the 6 1/2 inch speakers. Rears i think are 5 inch, Plenty of different one' to choose from.

Does really depend on what you listen to. Vocal's id suggest some decent make tweeter' in the door's or behind the door shut lever ( were my one's are )

Bass really worth investing in a hybrid or mono block amp. The Vibe a7 and a3 are highly recommended.

As with the mechanical's , supporting the power is always important.

Sound deadening will keep the distortion and road interference to a minimum. Decent cabling and solid connection's are most important, Or no matter what speakers you have in will be "Crap"

For amp wiring, try and keep it away from the side's off the car, along the center is best. RCA cable's from fli are the best i have used, and are relatively cheap.

From my own car no more than £300 will give you a fantastic sound system for mid / low range use. (Ie not 4- 8 hour's of extremely loud heavy metal or addicted to bass) for that you'll need a serious amount of pennies.

i have black air front speakers 6 1/2 inch component, Fli intergrator tweeter's front and rear, 6*9 black air's in the rear parcel shelf. Vibe space 1600 watt amplifier ( thats no bigger than a ipad) , all with FLI Amp wiring and heatshrinked wiring.

Hope this helps a little