Pioneer F30BT in 62 Plate WRX STI - Many Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2012, 11:41 PM
abre
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pioneer F30BT in 62 Plate WRX STI - Many Issues

Hi recently collected my WRX STI hatch, had ordered it with Fujitsu sat nav but Subaru supplied the dealer with a Pioneer AVIC-F30BT which had out of date maps, they have since been updated to 2012 version. Firstly the steering wheel phone controls don't work, reading on here & talking to Pioneer I see the comfort interface unit provided by Subaru is the wrong version. I've had a number of heated discussions with Subaru who tell me the fitting kit they supply the dealer has all the correct parts and fitting instructions for the WRX STI including a loom for the speed sense and reverse connections, which are not connected on my unit, and the correct comfort interface, this clearly isn't the case. In addition the FM reception is poor, Pioneer say a firmware upgrade is required, Subaru say it needs the power connection to the aerial to be spliced in after saying their interface kit covers all required connections. The dealer is trying to resolve the issue and Subaru are now supposed to be investigating the issues I've raised, but I wondered if anyone else has had problems with dealer fit sat navs and if they got resolution through the dealer or had to do it themselves or just didn't bother.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew