ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Various install questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2005, 02:17 PM
CJRH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Various install questions.....

Various questions show I’ll list them: MY04 WRX (UK)

Is there a manufacturer that makes a decent double din head unit as I don’t mind this set up?

I already have 2 Kenwood amps, the first is 4x100 watts and second 200 watts bridged for sub. With the current speakers I have never really been able to use the full 4x100 amps of power (they are Kenwood speakers but a bit old). Can someone recommend speakers for the front and back doors that will be able to cope properly.
For the sub, I am interested in the Kenwood KFC-WDA69RC Rear shelf mounted subs with 200w Digital amp that Pauleds2 has just fitted but I don’t need the amp. Is there a package available with 6x9 sub speakers on there own? This looks like a great way to save space in the boot rather than having a sub box like I do at the moment.

This is a fresh install as I only picked up the car last weekend. Not my first scoob, had a MY99 before.

As a side note do the seats now have seat belt pre-tensioners fitted? Do I need to disconnect the battery before removing them?

Also, talking about mounting amps to the underside of front seats, I always mount the CD player there as its easy to get to.

Cheers,

Chris