04 STi speakers??

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2004, 05:16 PM
mutters
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 STi speakers??

Hi,

does anyone know what speakers to put in the doors of an 03/04 STi TYPE UK, without hassle and expense, as i believe there is a depth problem??
Also recommendations on a sub would be good.
Old 18 December 2004, 06:02 PM
mutters
Scooby Newbie

Yeah what a load of rubbish,

DO NOT CLICK ABOVE LINK - SPAM

Can anyone still help on my question??
Old 19 December 2004, 11:14 AM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mutters
Yeah what a load of rubbish,

DO NOT CLICK ABOVE LINK - SPAM

Can anyone still help on my question??
I took my MY03 WRX into a car audio dealers yesterday, the dealer removed the door panel and measured the speakers and clearanced:

front and rear speakers are 6" coaxial with a maximum mounting depth of 36mm !!
After looking through Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer catalogues, the dealer reached the conclusion that he couldn't find any replacement speakers that were suitable. Even the Kenwood dual mags mentioned in other threads on this site have a depth of 46mm
I have heard rumours of some focal audio kit that may fit, will update this thread with what I find.
Old 19 December 2004, 06:13 PM
mutters
Scooby Newbie

Alright mate,

I took off both door cards off my STi today and had a measure up.

The front doors origional speakers are 6" wide 38mm deep. There is up to 45mm allowance giving 5mm clearance to the window glass. I also reckon there is enough room for a 10mm spacer giving you enough room for a 55mm deep speaker.

As for the rear doors they have the crappiest 4" speakers I have ever seen. Luckily the windows dont come all the way down, so do not get in the way.

I will probally go for some infinity 6" and 4" speakers and a vibe sub and amp (CBR 12 active on special offer at mo!!)
Old 20 December 2004, 12:49 AM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=373208

Check this thread as this was my experiance ! It seems that us Scooby owners know more than some of the ice guys out there ! All turned out ok in the end and i'm well pleased with the sound, I'm running my old 10' sub at the mo that i had in my Puma, and to be honest sound's a bit hollow so going to upgrade to a 12'.

Best.
Old 20 December 2004, 11:43 AM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simpsons !
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=373208

Check this thread as this was my experiance ! It seems that us Scooby owners know more than some of the ice guys out there ! All turned out ok in the end and i'm well pleased with the sound, I'm running my old 10' sub at the mo that i had in my Puma, and to be honest sound's a bit hollow so going to upgrade to a 12'.

Best.
So the focal 165 V2 slims will fit in the front doors without cutting the door card, and allowing the windows to go down all the way then?
Old 20 December 2004, 01:55 PM
Smoove mike
Scooby Regular

Location: Ready to blow you away with my secondary air system

Vibe sa60's in the doors running off a black box 3 and a cbr15" sub running off a monoblock 3 check them out on www.v-i-b-e.co.uk
Old 20 December 2004, 04:48 PM
moto
Scooby Regular

Talking

I went for an Alpine mp3 head unit, 6.5" Kenwood dual mags in the front (spacer required) and 4" Pioneer TS-E1076 in the rear with a Vibe CBR10 Active. I like some bass, but don't want to draw too much attention to myself. The 10" sub does a great job for me.

The sound is absolutely awesome compared to the standard gear and wasn't overly expensive IMHO.
Old 20 December 2004, 08:37 PM
mutters
Scooby Newbie

Ok, so I have ordered the 4 speakers but just couldn't say yes to the sub. The CBR 12 active sounds impressive but just big. I want something compact, but with simillar output. Anyone got any ideas??
Old 21 December 2004, 10:24 AM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moto
I went for an Alpine mp3 head unit, 6.5" Kenwood dual mags in the front (spacer required) and 4" Pioneer TS-E1076 in the rear with a Vibe CBR10 Active. I like some bass, but don't want to draw too much attention to myself. The 10" sub does a great job for me.

The sound is absolutely awesome compared to the standard gear and wasn't overly expensive IMHO.
Do the speakers still fit behind the door cards, or have you had to alter them as well?
Old 22 December 2004, 12:04 AM
moto
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rallyfan1977
Do the speakers still fit behind the door cards, or have you had to alter them as well?
The speakers fit behind the door cards no problem on my 2002 WRX.