ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

pioneer nav/dvd in a 03 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2004, 07:10 AM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pioneer nav/dvd in a 03 WRX

My Avic-X1 arrived yesterday and it looks great..... lots of wires though I have not installed anything like this before so I am going to ask around for info on this site and on a new avic-xi forum both for installation tips and a good reliable and reasonably priced installer in London

I hope to be able to add some pictures of the install either way for people.

Has anyone out there installed a system like this on an 03 Subaru Impreza WRX?? Where did you put the hide away unit and GPS aerial??

does anyone know the easiest way to find all the wires I'll need:
* The car's speed pulse generator
* The wire which comes out of the car's handbrake
* One of the wires hooked up to the reverse light (I presume this is for the backing up camera which I do not have )
Old 12 May 2004, 12:06 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had someone who knows what they're doing install my pioneer sat nav stuff, so I can't answer many of your questions, except to say that the GPS arial sits on top of the dash, right in the middle, between the de-mist air vent, and the clock/pod compartment.

I didn't have a camera either, but what I did ask the guy to do, was to wire up a lead, which for me sits just under the passenger seat, using the otherwise un-used AV input. It's wired to be allways on, as if the car was allways in reverse I guess, but it means I can plug in any sort of camera or photographic equipment, and have it display on the screen in the dash. Just an idea.
Old 12 May 2004, 09:03 PM
Ex 205 GTi owner
Scooby Newbie

Speed pulse is on connector B134 pin 1 of the ECU which is under the carpet>metal cover of the passenger footwell, passengers feet rest on it.

You'll need to connect up to the reverse light wire so the navi knows if the car is going forwards or backwards.

Best place for the aerial out of sight is under the pod of the clock. The centre panel pulls up and there is plenty of space to put it. As long as no metal is obstructing it then signal will go through the plastic dash.

Should be plenty of room to put the box under the front seats or hang it under the parcel shelf. Not sure about handbrake wire but it can't be more than 2 to choose from.

For wiring info go to http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/ then MODS>MISC>WIRING DIAGRAMS. Remember this is a US site and the 2004 MY car is actually UK 2003 car.

David.
Old 13 May 2004, 06:42 AM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help.
good tip about the back up camera,
and the ravensblade site has some fantastic information on it. Just what I was looking for.

I'll keep everyone posted as to whether this is going to be a DIY job or if I find an installer. If it's DIY I want to know EXACTLY what I am doing before I touch anything.
Old 13 May 2004, 06:25 PM
S600HBY
Scooby Regular

Just fitted mine today same set up as yours. Located the av box under drivers seat and put the gps sensor on the boot lid. I was going to ask the same question about the speed pulse wire but its been answered now so thanks.

Mark