Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

ICE install query - which amp should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 04:46 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default ICE install query - which amp should I get?

Having checked back through the ICE forum I've decided to get some 6.5" components for the front and get some 6X9s to fit in the rear shelf. I don't really want subs as I need the boot space for my RC car racing gear, just looking for a little more than normal.

With regard to amps should I get a 4 channel to run the whole lot or 2 2 channels for fronts and backs? Also can you get tweeters that will fit in the space of the door cards in an MY00 impreza?

Sorry if this is all carp but not to clued up on ICE.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:16 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a four channel will be fine matey. otherwise, your just taking up more space then is needed.

ideally, you want an amp that has at least 33% more power handling then your speakers can handle. the last thing you want is to be running your amp full ball, as this will only deteriorate the sound quality. its aslways best to have a bit of head room
Old 13 April 2004, 06:20 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, and i have 1" tweeters in the same space as the original tweeters in a MY00. so choose any set of components, they will fit in fine. (just be sure to make yourself a set of MDF spacers for the mids, as without them, they A) wont fit, cos they will hit the window when its down, and B) without them, they wont sound as good as they could. MDF provides a good baffle board. but if you prefer, Birch Ply is supposed to work better)