Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

new install advice

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2003, 08:17 PM
sti4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a bit of free advice really, I am off work in a couple of weeks and am intending to install my ice, I have already put my screen and tv tuner in but am unsure or how to lay the boot out.
I have got 2 12' alu audio bahn subs and a large audiobahn amp to power these, and a smaller 2 channel to to power the front audiobahn speakers

Should i have the subs behind the light clusters and use a custom box from car audio direct or should i go the coventional route and put the subs behind the rear seats. Should I have these pointing into the boot or towards the rear seats.
Obviously with the later idea there would need to be a space between the sub and seat of at least 6'

I used this set up to get 152.8 db in my clio with one 12 towards the boot and the other 2 into the seat.

Also where is the best place to put the tweeters up fron, I was thinking of moulding them into the trim that covers the wing mirror screws.

Where is the best place to get sound deadening from as i reckon i will needs loads as when i sneeze the car ratles

Cheers

Old 21 April 2003, 10:51 AM
scoobymantyper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound deadening is always advisable when this amount of bass is involved. Positioning of the subs is your personal preference as bass is non directional so wont make much difference having them firing in to the car.