Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

Hybrid GT Spec FMIC for 96-00 GC8

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2007, 08:35 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid GT Spec FMIC for 96-00 GC8

I've managed to find a source that has some Hybrid GT Spec (Bar and Fin) FMIC at a very good price.

The GT Spec uses a Bar & Fin design core that is supposed to be 40% lighter and more efficient that the Bar & Plate design which is the older Hybrid monster kit.

These kits come with stainless steal T-Bar motorsport clamps instead of the usual jubilee clips found with other intercooler kits (which are known to blow off)

more info can be found here:
http://www.hybrid-power.com/products...ename=WRX%2099

I've seen these kits, they are in the uk and they are genuine. They are not cheap Chinese copies that are available for peanuts.

I've managed to get the price down to £300 plus £18 for postage if we can get 10 orders. This is a saving of £170 over one purchased off eBay from Australia or Hong Kong. As they are in the already in the uk, you don't have to pay import tax or VAT.

1.Dannyboy007
Old 14 March 2007, 09:08 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 19 March 2007, 01:46 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

BTTT, i'm interested, could do with losing some weight
Old 19 March 2007, 03:24 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the difference between this FMIC and the other group buy FMIC?
Old 19 March 2007, 03:32 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaOne
what is the difference between this FMIC and the other group buy FMIC?
It's lighter in weight and more free flowing so less lag, the Autobahn88 is a copy of the orginal spec Hybrid intercooler.

I have an Autobahn88 intercooler on my car now and wish i'd paid the couple of ££'s extra and got the genuine article first time round. i Beleive Danny has one on his car aswell.
Old 19 March 2007, 03:53 PM
Mike Molloy
Scooby Regular

So what exactly has put you off the Autobahn88 part?
I thought the difference was mainly in the ease of fitting and quality of pipework/ancilliary components.
Given that you have already done the "difficult" bit, why do you want to change to the Hybrid?
Is there a quantifiable increase in performance?
Very interested to hear your opinion.
Old 19 March 2007, 04:07 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Molloy
So what exactly has put you off the Autobahn88 part?
I thought the difference was mainly in the ease of fitting and quality of pipework/ancilliary components.
Given that you have already done the "difficult" bit, why do you want to change to the Hybrid?
Is there a quantifiable increase in performance?
Very interested to hear your opinion.
Mine was one of the early Autobahn Kits and came with Stainless Steel Pipes, so would like to change to the Hybrid coz of the weight adavntage.

Also the Intercooler core is lighter and more free flowing, i find quite a delay on the boost coming back in after gear changes, and hope this will be reduces.

As you said the quality and fit of the piping is poor , one of mine had to be replaced due to a leak on one of the welds, the clamps it comes with are sh*te (i have blown pipes off several times).

The current Autobahn kits may well be considerably better than mine, but for £100 extra i rather by the genuine article this time round. Of course this is just IMO, there are probably lots of people that use the Autobahn kits and are very happy with them.

Last edited by turboDean; 19 March 2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 19 March 2007, 07:32 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

As Dean has already said the kit is miles better than the Autobahn ones and this is reflected in the price.

The pipe work fits without you having to bodge it, the clamps are the T-Bar motorsport style which you have to do up with a socket/spanner instead of a screw driver and don't blow off. The core is alot lighter and more effeicent. the quality of the welding is better, I've seen both and have to say the core is a work of art.

I've been running the orginal hybrid monster kit for 18 months now, Both my car and Deans has been on rollers at the same shoot out, Dean has a larger Turbo Vf34 compared to my VF28, he has a fuel reg and a walbo fuel pump and was using a boost controller, Both cars being mapped using Ecutek software.

Dean's produce 312BHp and mine produce 317BHP.
Old 20 March 2007, 02:08 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
Both my car and Deans has been on rollers at the same shoot out, Dean has a larger Turbo Vf34 compared to my VF28, he has a fuel reg and a walbo fuel pump and was using a boost controller, Both cars being mapped using Ecutek software.

Dean's produce 312BHp and mine produce 317BHP.
and one of my intercooler pipes blew off on the way to the rolling road.
Old 20 March 2007, 05:27 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Anyone else interested in a cracking price on one of this intercooler kits, There in the country instead of having to wait ages like the other group buy!!!!

1.Dannyboy007
2.Turbodean
Old 20 March 2007, 08:39 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Can't believe there's been no interest in these, Harvey was selling these for close to £600 not long ago and very hard to be sourced in the UK at a reasonable price.

These are alot better quality than the cheap copies being banged around on flea-bay, which are alot heavier and riddled with design faults.

Here's a pic of mine, you can have under bonnet shots if anybody wishes.

simb
Old 21 March 2007, 12:13 AM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

HELLO DANNYBOY 007
THIS MAY DO BETTER ONCE THE GROUP BUY IM RUNNING FINISHIS THEIR TAKING PAYMENT NOW
I DID NOTICE FROM THE PIC OF THE KIT ITS MISSING 1 SILICONE HOSE AND 2 CLIPS MIGHT BE WORTH ASKING YOUR SUPPLIER IF THEY ARE GOING TO THROW THEM IN WITH THE DEAL AS THESE ALONE WILL COME TO ANOTHER £30 ON TOP OF THE PRICE
YOUR RIGHT IN WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT THE EARLY AUTOBAHN ONES BUT THEIR ALOT BETTER NOW AND THE CLIPS ARE $HIT THATS WHY I SOURCED THE MIKALOR CLAMP FOR EVERY ONE YOU MAY FIND SOME USEFULL INFO ON THE DV SIDE OF THINGS AND FITTING TO THE PRE FACE LIFT CLASSIC AS BOTH OF THESE ARE FOR THE 96 ON CLASSICS FEEL FREE TO ADD LINKS IF YOU WANT, DO YOU KNOW THE WEIGHT OF THE GT ONE WOULD BE GOOD TO COMPARE IF YOU WANT ME TO WEIGH MY ONE LET ME KNOW

KIP
Old 21 March 2007, 09:24 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Cheers Kips,

They do come with all of the clamps and hoses, I think it's just a picture to show design etc.

I had two spare Clamps when fitting my old one

As you've said the core and the two front pipes will fit a pre 96 but the turbo and manifold pipes will have to be modified to fit. We fitted one of these to another welsh lads car and had trouble. Because of the manifold sitting lower you can't get the pipe to sit right and the turbo pipe won't fit under the manifold pipe. He had some custom pipes made up in the end.

But a bump for a cracking intercooler kit
Old 14 May 2007, 08:56 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I've spoken to the supplier again and he has agreed to do the following prices for scoobynet. In Total he sold 6 kits to scoobynet members at the agreed price without hitting the magic ten and has agreed to do this special price.

He can do the following price on Kits:

Hybrid Gt Spec Intercooler Kits: £300 delivered within mainland Uk.

He has 10 kits on order which should be with him with 7 days.

Paypal or cheque is the prefered method of payment.

Please note these are genuine Kits direct from Hybrid, Not copies.
Old 14 May 2007, 03:39 PM
Section5
Scooby Regular

Dannyboy,

I'm very much interested in acquiring a fmic for my P1. Just want to know how easy the kit is to fit? i.e. is any chopping and changing required to get the pipework to fit properly?

Section5
Old 14 May 2007, 06:18 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Section5
Dannyboy,

I'm very much interested in acquiring a fmic for my P1. Just want to know how easy the kit is to fit? i.e. is any chopping and changing required to get the pipework to fit properly?

Section5
Section5 you have a PM

And a bump for a great price on a great FMIC kit
Old 14 May 2007, 10:23 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by simb 2
Can't believe there's been no interest in these, Harvey was selling these for close to £600 not long ago and very hard to be sourced in the UK at a reasonable price.
Simb 2: Please get your facts correct before you post disinformation on this BBS. I have been selling individual FMIC kits, either GT Spec, RS Monster Spec, both for GC8 Classic or GDB kits complete with cold air kit for £400 each delivered, customs paid from my stock in Darlington and that has been the price for over two years as far as I know and has never been
close to £600 not long ago

There are two types of intercooler core. Bar and Plate or Tube and Fin and NOT as described above.
I only sell from stock held in the UK and KIPS was given all the relevant information yesterday for his group buy.
Old 15 May 2007, 08:14 AM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by harvey
Simb 2: Please get your facts correct before you post disinformation on this BBS. I have been selling individual FMIC kits, either GT Spec, RS Monster Spec, both for GC8 Classic or GDB kits complete with cold air kit for £400 each delivered, customs paid from my stock in Darlington and that has been the price for over two years as far as I know and has never been .

There are two types of intercooler core. Bar and Plate or Tube and Fin and NOT as described above.
I only sell from stock held in the UK and KIPS was given all the relevant information yesterday for his group buy.
Sorry Harvey, I was going from memory...and I have a bad one!
Old 15 May 2007, 12:32 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Cheers. Glad we put that right.
Old 15 May 2007, 08:44 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
Simb 2: Please get your facts correct before you post disinformation on this BBS. I have been selling individual FMIC kits, either GT Spec, RS Monster Spec, both for GC8 Classic or GDB kits complete with cold air kit for £400 each delivered, customs paid from my stock in Darlington and that has been the price for over two years as far as I know and has never been .

Quote:
close to £600 not long ago
They were at aorund £600 (actually £565 delivered) from you back in July 2005 (or thats what you quoted me anyway), when i bought mine, I went for a Autobahn88 at £400 from flat4online to save myself £200.

Turned out to be a big mistake, coz i've now ended up buying a Hybrid to replace it with since anyway, coz the Autobahn one was rubbish. Wish i'd bought one off you first time round.

Last edited by turboDean; 16 May 2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Edited for accuracy
Old 28 May 2007, 02:36 PM
terence
Scooby Regular

is this group buy still running??
Old 28 May 2007, 02:39 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

Originally Posted by terence
IF NOT THIS ONE IS

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...ml#post6962849
Old 30 May 2007, 04:39 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by terence
I'm sorry this group buy is no longer running. There is no point running two for the same product at different prices at the same time

The guy selling these has just put his prices up on ebay due to an increase in hybrids production costs, the cost of materals, labour and shipping have all increased in the last couple of months.

You more than welcome to pm me your details and I'll see if he can do something for you if you don't want to wait for the other group buy that seems to have stalled again