Notices

turbo 2000 mods

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2014, 10:01 PM
cyman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo 2000 mods

I bought a uk turbo 2000 from a good friend last week, the car already has some mods and is a 00my

things I know have been done there maybe more but I wont know until I get round to pick up the huge wallet of paperwork later in the week.

white line arb's and anti lift
stage one ecu tune running about 275bhp ive been told
downpipe,de cat and sti rear silencer
ksport 8 pot 356mm front brake kit with a race brake fluid, rears have ds2500 pads fitted I think

so ive been doing some reading and searching through the threads on here but it seems quite tricky to say what the best mods for a car of this age as there is such a variety.

the thing is I don't want to go so mad that I make the car unreliable or nasty to drive on the road. I suppose several small mods that hopefully lead to some improvement all round handling, brakes, power would also like to see if there are any other seats I can get as the ones fitted to the car don't offer to much support on track and I find the back really does dig into my ribs with hard cornering.

so what do you classic owners recommend as the best basic mods and upgrades that offer reliability and small upgrades across the board.

I apologies if this has been asked many many times and thank you for any info or even links to threads that I may of missed that goes through this.
Old 12 March 2014, 04:33 AM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

i got a uk turbo 2000.

you will have a td04 turbo and that will be maxed out on that bhp.

i run a td05 16g ,was running a newage wrx intercooler ,3 port boost solinoid and full decat at about 320ish bhp.td05 was cheap at £115 posted and been a good turbo so far for me ..

you will find the suspension might be getting old ,my rears did evan the springs ,

cheapest option is coilovers but there not to everyones taste i,m not sure i made the right choice ,but the best upgrade i was gonna do was sti shocks,sti springs ,sti top mounts but that costs just as much as coilovers .

also i changed my rear bushes as most were worn and old to powerflex,

done loads of other bits like alloy drop links 24mm adjustable anti roll bar and front whiteline anti roll bar 20 or 22mm can,t remember .rear diff brace,sti engine brace .

mine needs remapping as gone front mount ,inlet spacers,roger clark induction and adjustable fuel pressure regulator and loads other bits ...

also i got to fit a newage rear 2 pot caliper conversion for slightly better braking .....

next on list is k sports or brembos ,paint ,engine rebuild

hope this helps and have fun
Old 12 March 2014, 10:05 AM
kirky1
Scooby Regular

front and rear strut braces and silicone y pipe and intake pipe have been my faves so far
Old 12 March 2014, 11:56 AM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kirky1
front and rear strut braces and silicone y pipe and intake pipe have been my faves so far
Why the silicon pipes? I have the Y pipe and noticed no real difference. It's worth it if the old one is knackered. As for the intake pipe its a massive pain in the **** to fit and the cheap ones are rubbish. The decent ones are well over priced.

I have my inlet off at the moment and am designing a part alloy part silicon intake to avoid cheap collapsing pipes and also to avoid spending over £200 on a bit of silicon pipe.
Old 12 March 2014, 02:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

You say "Whiteline arbs"?

Did you change both? And if so, did you keep the rear stronger than the front? If not, you'll have put any understeer back

What about solid droplinks?
Old 12 March 2014, 09:14 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy Forest TD04 hybrid turbo and map tweak
Fuel pump if its not been changed
Suspension components as said above if they are mostly original.
Old 13 March 2014, 01:18 PM
cyman
Scooby Newbie

Only picked car up on friday but I did do a track dsy on Friday. Had lift off oversteer and power oversteer and only had a slihht push of understeer mid turn on high speed long corners. So pretty happy with the handling. Got new set of federal rsrs going on this week so that should be better as well.
pretty sure both arbs were done along with solid drop
links and antilift kit.

The front def has strut brace not sure about the rear

what do the hybrid turbos consist of? Ive built a few and made up a cracking garrett to4 e/s 60-1 hybrid for my rx7.
Old 13 March 2014, 01:44 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

The hybrid TD04 spools up quick and will allow you to make more power, up to 320bhp plus it wouldn't be that expensive to fit and map if you already have ECUtek
Old 13 March 2014, 02:32 PM
cyman
Scooby Newbie

Guessing the hybrid has normal hot side with a larger comp wheel and housing. Will have to loom into that I think.

ive just had a quick look at the car and I can confirm it has a k and n panel filter. Uprated y pipe under the ic so I expect thats a prodrive one. The drop links are def the solid ones and the front arb is mounted in some yellow poly bushes but I cant see if its a standard one or white power one. Can def see the anti lift kit all fitted aswell.
Old 13 March 2014, 02:37 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

yes pretty much

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/16307.html