Notices

Need advice on which recirc valve to fit to my MY04 STi

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2014, 01:40 PM
Arcade_West
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on which recirc valve to fit to my MY04 STi

I bought the car pretty recently, and i came with an aps twin vent BOV, which is causing high fuel consumption and stupid noises. So i want to take it off, and change it to a full recirculating (plumb-back) valve.

After an ecutek tune, will an OEM valve be adequate? If not (or if i cant get my hands on one) does anyone have a brand they prefer, or are all recirc valves pretty much the same? So far i think i'm leading towards this for it's price

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TURBOSMAR...a201ad4&_uhb=1

would appreciate some opinions
Old 02 January 2014, 03:33 PM
Murrayf99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arcade_West
I bought the car pretty recently, and i came with an aps twin vent BOV, which is causing high fuel consumption and stupid noises. So i want to take it off, and change it to a full recirculating (plumb-back) valve.

After an ecutek tune, will an OEM valve be adequate? If not (or if i cant get my hands on one) does anyone have a brand they prefer, or are all recirc valves pretty much the same? So far i think i'm leading towards this for it's price

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TURBOSMAR...a201ad4&_uhb=1

would appreciate some opinions
Just get a standard one, good for at least 350 bhp, assuming the car is still on a standard Top Mount Intercooler (TMIC). Fuel consumption should not be affected much with an aftermarket BOV, these are thirsty cars. Aftermarket BOVs are common, so a second hand standard item should be cheap as chips. Try a breakers or post in the wanted section.