Notices

Who's running a classic with bc's

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2013, 11:05 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Who's running a classic with bc's

Ideally a type r but don't think a 4 door will be much different.. Just need some measurements to compare to my own set up

I've fitted my bc's a few days I've got the ride height all aligned but am wondering if maybe I'm sitting a little low its looks about the right height but just wondered what other people have there's at..

I just need the messurment between top of alloy rim and the bottom of arch, if u could take 2 min just to post up the figure it would be much appreshated

Csf
Old 27 September 2013, 11:16 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont understand why you need to know? ride height is personal preference, so set it up how you think and then see how it drives.

Remember to get a proper alignment set up though.

and if it is important you have the measurement, measure from the centre of the wheel to the arch
Old 27 September 2013, 12:57 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fitted my BC's last week on my V3 STI, 130mm front and 100mm rear although I'm thinking of dropping it a little more on the front. I did notice the rears were rubbing the arches under hard cornering with a 215/45/17 profile tyre, I hope this will be fine when I fit a thicker rear arb though??

I'm sure it sat lower than that on STI pink lowering springs but I've got it somewhere near that, hope this helps??
Old 27 September 2013, 01:18 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayp71
Fitted my BC's last week on my V3 STI, 130mm front and 100mm rear although I'm thinking of dropping it a little more on the front. I did notice the rears were rubbing the arches under hard cornering with a 215/45/17 profile tyre, I hope this will be fine when I fit a thicker rear arb though??

I'm sure it sat lower than that on STI pink lowering springs but I've got it somewhere near that, hope this helps??
So u have ur fronts higher than ur rears, I thought that is should be equal all round or atleast the front lower than the rears ?

Have set mine to 85mm from rim to arch all round and set the dampening to 18 clicks from soft all round, with just me in the car and a passenger its seems ok just abit concerned if I have a full load say 3 or even 4 people it will be to low.
Old 27 September 2013, 01:31 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
I dont understand why you need to know? ride height is personal preference, so set it up how you think and then see how it drives.

Remember to get a proper alignment set up though.

and if it is important you have the measurement, measure from the centre of the wheel to the arch

I no its personal preference but I wanted to gauge a ruff idea as to what a standard ride hight was. The sub had coilovers fitted when I bought it very shoddy one at that and it was sitting low then, my issue is where I think it looks right and where it should be are two different things so was was looking at what people are running to gauge an idea as to how high i can go.

I feel if I make it any higher it will look wrong but as I said if I put a load in the sub it may rub which obviously I don't want.

Yes a alignment will be carried out very soon just need to find the £150-£200 needed to get to get it done

On another note my rear bc's are not camber adjustable top mounts, and the hubs don't accept camber bolts as there just compleatly round unlike the fronts which accept them i mean is this standard on r180 rear hubs or is there way round it because atm I cannot adjust the rears at all.

Cheers

Csf
Old 27 September 2013, 03:28 PM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

I've got BC's on my v5 type r with 7.7x17's and 215/40/17's
I have got the camber adjustable top mounts on but I can get measurements on mine. 4 up and no rubbing
Old 27 September 2013, 04:17 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispy200+
I have got the camber adjustable top mounts on but I can get measurements on mine. 4 up and no rubbing

Would be intrested to no what ur gap is even though I'm running 215-35-18's

Trending Topics

Old 27 September 2013, 04:18 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Do ur r180 rear hubs have camber ajustment or do they not have that as standard ?
Old 27 September 2013, 04:34 PM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz
Would be intrested to no what ur gap is even though I'm running 215-35-18's
Now I had 215/35/18 and they did rub a bit when fully loaded, not adjusted the suspension art all since changing to 17's
Old 27 September 2013, 04:39 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Now I had 215/35/18 and they did rub a bit when fully loaded, not adjusted the suspension art all since changing to 17's
Do u no what ur damper setting was, its like they look right height just seems to be to much travel in them I've set my dampening to 18 clicks from soft front and rear to see if that helps, just need to get a few people in the back and go for a drive lol
Old 27 September 2013, 06:27 PM
mark type ra
Scooby Regular

There is actually a bit of play in the top hole on the coilovers where it bolts to the hub it does change the camber a touch put the bottom bolt in then the top and tilt the wheel in and out and you'll feel it I run bc's on my WRX Ra with 215/40/17 it rubbed but done this and got my arches rolled now no probs
Old 27 September 2013, 06:39 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark type ra
There is actually a bit of play in the top hole on the coilovers where it bolts to the hub it does change the camber a touch put the bottom bolt in then the top and tilt the wheel in and out and you'll feel it I run bc's on my WRX Ra with 215/40/17 it rubbed but done this and got my arches rolled now no probs

My type r front hubs, the top holes accept camber bolts but the rears are not gonna accept camber bolts like the fronts as the holes are round and too small ???
The bolts I currently have on rear top hole on hub are just round and fit perfectly but no camber adjustment... Any ideas ...
Old 27 September 2013, 07:10 PM
mark type ra
Scooby Regular

It's not the hole in the hub it's the hole on the coilover that the bolt goes threw that's slightly longer which allows you to tilt the wheel in fella

In theory you could enlarge the top hole further for more camber
Old 27 September 2013, 07:19 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

It's not the hole in the hub it's the hole on the coilover that the bolt goes threw that's slightly longer which allows you to tilt the wheel in fella

In theory you could enlarge the top hole further for more camber

Ahhh I see what ur saying, I no the top hole in the rear coilovers was more oval but thought that was to accept a camber bolt. So Basicly as the bolt is smaller than the hole u can undo the two bolts and u will get a very small amount of play on the top bot buy moving the hub or coilover..

Is that correct
Old 27 September 2013, 07:58 PM
mark type ra
Scooby Regular

Yep you've got it mate
Old 28 September 2013, 12:39 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Yep you've got it mate