Notices

My99 low power and hesitation sorted

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2013, 07:53 AM
maff125
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My99 low power and hesitation sorted

I've been having the common hesitation problems at 2000rpm and also an overall lack of grunt on my ppp uk turbo.
This is my second uk ppp car and my old one went really well and almost kept pace with a friends 311bhp classic

The car did not feel like it was making the 1.2bar the ppp ecu puts out so did lots of searching and came across boost solenoid and actuator problems, was also looking at ordering a new maf.

So I connected the green plugs under the dash together which gets the boost solenoid clicking, unplugged the pipes and sprayed with cleaner, hesitation sorted and now car is nice to drive.

Then thought I'd try the actuator arm half a hole adjustment, so got everything off and also fitted my v5/6 sti intercooler while I was at it.

Road test confirmed that the car now goes like an impreza should, comes on boost nice and feels strong right through the rev range rather than slow and hesitant before, really happy with the car now!!:-)

I've still got a front entry TD05 16g sitting under the stairs along with a 3 port and supporting mods but for the time being I'm well happy with the power, if anybody has has my problems then try the above, certainly worked for me

What I have noticed though is the v5/6 intercooler seems a carbon copy of the standard uk intercooler so I might go for a new age top mount which hopefully will push me over the 300bhp mapped with the td05

Just about to spend £££ on a new maf as well, thanks scoobynet!

Last edited by maff125; 17 August 2013 at 07:54 AM.