Notices

at my wits end trying to install electric windows

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2013, 04:53 PM
mospin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default at my wits end trying to install electric windows

hello all as you can tell first post as i could'nt find a newbie section im basicly trying to get some help installing electric windows and central locking

its was a matt black classic 1600 now back to white

ive installed the doors ,locks and the main wiring loom that rans under the carpet plus two relays i spilt it apart from the abs loom and i was left with a red wire coming from the relay (no idea were to join it)

i know i need to connect the power to a fuse but which wires please help

as for the loom that rans from the dash down to the drivers door ive plugged that in and all the wires in the box connector match up

any help would be greatly appreciated

also i have all the old doors glass/keep fit windows,bumpers and wings free to whoever wants them

Last edited by mospin; 03 July 2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03 July 2013, 05:19 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

This any use?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ndg4nn...ng_diagram.pdf

Page 48 for windows.
Old 03 July 2013, 11:18 PM
Bomber633
Scooby Regular

Mospin I am new to the forum too not clear what car you are doing this too ? I am rebuilding my classic gc8 and will in time convert the front doors to manual winders?

are these reduntant parts I will have any use to you - do you have manual winding mechanisms as stated I may have got the wrong end of the stick but its not clear from your post what car you are working on
Old 03 July 2013, 11:30 PM
mospin
Scooby Newbie

ive got a standard impreza 1.6 4dr and im converting the manual windows to electric but im stuck getting them to work i think im missing the loom from the fuse box to the door loom .

nothing special about the impreza apart from upgrading all the body panels and electrics other than that its i pile off im more use to turbo 200sx's so this is my first ever scooby so its a good learning base before i jump in the deep end .

and thanks for the wiring diagrams been studying them all night but still know joy as i need to find out what the relay wiring is for under the drivers seat i removed the electrics from a 96 2ltr sport estate
Old 04 July 2013, 06:19 PM
mospin
Scooby Newbie

update time

seems the loom for the electric windows upto the dash is already there which is strange for a L reg anyway i missed a plug hidden behind the dash so plugged that in, leaving the red with black wire coming from the realy under the drivers seat.

a bit off reseach thanks to (Rescue Dude) for the wiring diagrams says this wire is a live and ive been at it all day trying to find the correct live what a pain that is . anyway ive got the windows working but i want a second opinon before i wire it up.

i want to join the red with black line wire to the red and yellow live coming from the ignition with a fuse between the two wires for safety so 1. is this an ok place and 2. what fuse rating should i run i was thinking a 30amp fuse which i will be running down to the fuse box.

any tech guru that can help

Last edited by mospin; 04 July 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05 July 2013, 10:31 PM
Bomber633
Scooby Regular

mospin what you doing with your old winders mechanisms - I am going the other way converting electric to manual?

let me know feller may be interested
Old 05 July 2013, 10:45 PM
mospin
Scooby Newbie

ive put them on gumtree and freecycle for free to whoever wants them as they cant be worth anything and there in the way