Notices

Nismo 550cc Injectors - Urgent Help Pleeeaase?

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2013, 06:32 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Nismo 550cc Injectors - Urgent Help Pleeeaase?

Hi guys, I was wondering is anyone on here running Nismo 550cc side feed yellow injectors in their Impreza? If so, how did you fit them? As with everything I've tried to do on my car, I was led to believe they would go straight in, but they just won't - the connectors are completely different? I'm fitting them to the car now and they've gone into the car lovely without any problems, but I've come to plug the connectors on, which annoyingly I've left til the very last thing (!!) and they just won't go on!

The subaru connector on the car looks like this......

....and the Nismo injector ends look like this......

You can see on the Subaru connector, the grooves for the two plastic 'channels' on either side of the injector neck are level with each other, but if you look at the photo of the Nismo injector end, the left hand side one is higher than the right hand side one and also, the bottom two that are sticking out won't go in the Subaru plug either What do people do to get them to fit? Do they try and cut the 'channels' off the injectors so the connector plug will go straight on? Or do they buy the correct connector plug and wire that onto the car instead of the Subaru one? I was tempted to just try and cut them off, until I noticed this (The red injectors are JECS ones incase anyone was wondering, unfortunately I have sold my old Subaru 440cc ones so I don't have them here to compare)......

The 'neck' on the Nismo ones are much longer, and the little 'block' of plastic that the plug 'snaps' onto seems to be in a different place - The JECS one is right on the end, whereas the Nismo is a bit further down..... so I wasn't sure if it would still snap on securely, even if I did get the plug to go on? Also, the actual connector pins inside seem to be at different heights......

So yeah, I just want to know what to do next really. Start butchering them to get them to fit and it will be okay? Or buy some new connectors? I need to get it sorted ASAP because my car is now in the garage in pieces with 2 Nismo injectors one side and 2 JECS ones the other.......and I'm not putting it back together with the JECS ones to then take it allllll apart again to sort the Nismos, so it can just stay there in the meantime

Thanks in advance for your help guys
Old 27 April 2013, 07:30 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

there is or was a set of these injectors for sale on here which came with the plugs as im sure they said they were different fitment? check the traders for sale section.
Old 27 April 2013, 07:42 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

are these the same ones? : https://www.scoobynet.com/car-parts-...rs-400bhp.html
Old 27 April 2013, 08:00 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4
Aww typical, they are the same ones yeah! They don't have the adaptors anymore tho by the sounds of one of the posts, and that's the bit I need. One of the posts said that Mark at Lateral Performance sells them tho, so I have given him a shout to see if this is correct. So you might have led me to the bit I need, so thanks for your help mate!
Old 27 April 2013, 10:05 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

no m8 you need the plugs, thats whats different. the adaptors go on the bottom to make phase 2 injectors fit into phase one rails they are just metal spacers. you need the plugs up top ie the electrical connectors that send the pulses to the injectors, thats why i posted the link to the ones for sale as the electrical plugs are sold with them as they are different. i hope this makes sense.
Old 27 April 2013, 10:09 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4
no m8 you need the plugs, thats whats different. the adaptors go on the bottom to make phase 2 injectors fit into phase one rails they are just metal spacers. you need the plugs up top ie the electrical connectors that send the pulses to the injectors, thats why i posted the link to the ones for sale as the electrical plugs are sold with them as they are different. i hope this makes sense.
Yeah that's what I meant, I was just calling them 'adaptors' that's all
Old 27 April 2013, 10:40 PM
steviecrump
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got them on my car, used the Nismo connectors.
Old 27 April 2013, 10:43 PM
steviecrump
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told you can cut them down.....
Old 28 April 2013, 01:17 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Glad you them sorted m8.