Notices

dccd malfunction light on a type r

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2013, 02:32 PM
d.kenny
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dccd malfunction light on a type r

basically i cut the loom down from my crashed type r and put it all in to my new shell

the lights keep flashing though after about 5 mins of driving indicating a malfunction but iv done so much head scratching and every time i think iv sorted it it does it again

iv also noticed that even when i engage the handbrake etc the diff does not automatically revert back to open and iv tried everything to sort it but no matter what i do even if i pull the wires off etc it does nothing put a live feeed down them as per the way the handbrake works and i get nothing????

iv checked double and triple checked all the connections and i just cannot suss it out!!!

has anyone got anyother ideas before i constantly have to revert to open diff driving unless i flick the key off and on which still sometimes doesnot work?

iv noticed to that depending on whether the engine is running or just the ignition is turned on the tell tale handbrake light on the dash does not go out and i dont have another subaru to compare against

its almost like there is an earthing fault behind the dash but this still wont affect the dccd as even when the handbrake switch wire isnt connected the light is still on and obviously this does not effect the dccd

very strange

im half on the verge of buying another type r to double check the wiring and then sell it on...or just put a 6 speed in it...i really like the idea of titting about with the torque split when launching and on the track which is what its used for

please help lol