Notices

I want to exhange/upgrade/get a better ECU what do your advise?

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2002, 05:54 PM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I have a Subaru Impreza 2.0 GT AWD from 2000 (europe - LHD) and I want to have a little more power, more torque and a little more of top speed and a little more hard top end . I would like to have around 270+PS about 6200rpm and 355 about 4000rpm. I would like to have this result, whit exhaust, coold air intake, top monted intercooler, samco sport pipes (turbo/intercooler, induction, coolant), dump-valve and a oil cooler fitted but I want a little bit more boost then the standart so I am thinking to buy a better ECU. What do you think Prodrive, Link, ECUTEK, etc. I live in Portugal and I prefer to have a ready to fit ECU because almoust no body know how do do it.
Another thing my car is a work car so the safe for the engine, whit no trubles (extreme reliable).

Thank you.
Old 16 May 2002, 11:56 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO, since you are in Portugal with no mappers, I would ring EcuTek and ask them, what they could do for me. I think they are your best bet. Plus, if you get one of their maps, like a Tek 2 you could also buy the Delta Dash and keep your eyes on things.

I'm in Greece and will be asking them to see what options I have. If you have the Delta Dash, I believe that they can have a look at your logs and possibly do a custom map without having the car. I'm not to sure on this but I think it could be possible. Have a chat to them.

Cheers,

Wrexy.