Notices

Fmic for classic, options and advice please

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2013, 09:04 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Fmic for classic, options and advice please

Right guys I've got a version2 sti type ra, briefly I'm going basic mods with a simtek on my standard turbo to make a nice quick road car, for the time being. After speaking with Bob Rawle he recons we could see 330/340 bhp.
Obviously I need to get rid of my slanty top mount, I know there's other top mount options but lets be honest none of them are as good as fmic.

This is the kit I'm considering as I don't think I can get hold of a HDI HYBRID.

https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-ann...-kits-new.html

Anyone got any experience of it ???
I didn't really want to go front mount to start with but now I have decided to I would like to make the most of it, so I'm considering mounting the core upside down and rotating the inlet by using a v3 inlet.
I know there's a fair bit of work involved with this but I'm happy to do it. It looks so so much better. I know it's not warranted at this power but it's an option, alternatively I could mount it as it's supposed to be done.

Any opinions or advice ??

Cheers guys, joe
Old 20 February 2013, 09:27 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd try & get a Hybrid intercooler they are still available on here. I personally don't think it's worth the work involved to rotate the manifold, but I'm sure that those who've done it will disagree. Why don't you ask Bob what he thinks, whatever he tells you will be sound advice.

Last edited by RICHARD J; 20 February 2013 at 09:29 PM.