Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2013, 05:41 PM
spuker1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge readings/Check engine light

Hi everyone,

I think I need loads of your help now.

I have salvaged an prefacelift Impreza Sport some time ago from a scrapyard with a misson of fixing it up. It had a check engine light coming on and off all the time. I have tried to find an issue but I couldn't. I have installed my gauges today which are oil temperature, oil pressure and vacuum. I'm a bit more worried now.

First of all I have massive oil pressure readings. I have changed oil and filter today as well and I have over filled it a bit but it still is quite worrying. Basically when the engine is all up to temperature the oil pressure at idle is about 25-30psi which is completely normal and spot on but when you rev it it goes through the roof. I mean it gets 80-80psi around 2000rpm and goes completely off the scale around 3000-3500rpm....

I will try to take the oil temp sensor off tomorrow and start the engine for a sec so I will blow some oil out of the engine to drop the level a bit, but I have a feeling it won't help much...

Vaccum is working weirdly. When idling it shows 0 straight away, like the throttle was open all the way up. When you drive off very gently or rev it gently on neutral it shows around 20-25, but when you actually drive the car it won't go bellow 10 and raise up to 0 when you even accelerate gently. When you let off it snaps back to zero... Don't know what to think of it... Vacuum leak or something?

Also the Check engine light comes on much more now. When the engine goes up to temperature it comes on and pretty much stayed like that when before it rarely went on and would go off after a while of steady driving anyway...

Please help, I just ran out of ideas what's going on.

Last edited by spuker1; 12 January 2013 at 06:07 PM.